Needing some help on rooting my evo 4g lte

rg56

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My question is in what do I need to do first? i.e...back up, unlock bootloader...
I would like to just dip my toes in the water by just rooting my phone and later on attempt custom roms

Will I lose my any data contacts or apps?

I have wanted to root my phone for sometime, just havent had the guts to try it. But I have decided to go ahead and try, mainly so I can download and use Roam Control (has any one used this app on your evo 4g lte).

code347

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You want to root your phone?
How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Unlock Bootloader][TWRP Recovery] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

One of the better methods around. Back up your stuff first, and if you have a gmail account, all of your contacts are saved and will repopulate when you re-sign back in. Your apps are in the play store under MY APPS. You will of course have to re install all of them, or if you have Titanium Backup, reinstall in one swoop.

rg56

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! This helped alot.

Edit: This may be a dumb question. I have been reading that I need to make a back up with Titanium Backup before I root my phone. But this app requires you to be rooted to use. Dont I need to ulock bootloader to root? And by unlocking boot loader dont I lose all data?

Last edited:

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
You do indeed need to be rooted and you will lose everything when you unlock your phone. I recommend after you unlock and install twrp you do make a back up of the stock Rom before you start tinkering.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000