Battery Life...Messaging App??

slickwalker

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery has just recently started to tank. The odd thing about, when I run my consumption app, it's almost all the default messaging app. I have no messages pending delivery, nothing coming in, yet right now my phone has been unplugged for about 8 hours, im on 21% battery left, with 60% consumption coming from the stock messaging app. Any ideas?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen it with the messaging app specifically, but have with others. Apps go crazy sticking up battery, cpu, and keeping the device awake.

First thing I would try is a restart of the phone (make sure fast boot is off) and see if that resolves the issue.

If not, I would do a couple of things: 1) load Cpu Spy and OS Monitor. See if messaging is consuming cpu cycles (OS Monitor) or if your phone is being kept awake and not allowed to go to sleep (CPU Spy).

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Im about to do the restart, as a side question, what does disabling fast boot do?

Fastboot is an option that allows you "turn off" your phone without really turning it off. Think of getting on an airplane, they want you to turn your phone off. But if you really power it all the way down it will take more than a minute to boot. So fast boot turns everything off, but leaves all the processes in memory (think of it as hibernate for cell phones). That way when you power your phone back on it only takes seconds to power it on and be running.

Why I told you to turn that option off is that if you don't and you shut your phone off it won't do a complete restart.