Will anyone trade in their EVO for the HTC one(M7)?

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Definitely, but the screen size is bugging me. My wife has the S3 and even that extra .1 seems nice to have in terms of screen real estate so when the S4 drops with a 4.99 screen I don't think the One will cut it anymore. I reserve judgment until I can cradle one on my arms though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't;t have another year on my current contract, I would. I am happy with my EVO, but "The One" is looking nice enough to maybe pony up the extra cash to go ahead and get it. I will wait and see one it gets into the hands of some others first.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a chance. Especially seeing as just how awesome my phone has been after rooting it and getting it close to exactly how I want it. There is no way to justify that expense.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've got a trip to Hawaii coming at the end of March. I'm waiting to see how the camera fares in the real world. I love the camera on my EVO. Everyone does. My wife likes her GS3 camera, but when she sees what I get off my EVO, she thinks I am taking pics with our 12MP digital shooter and just lying to her. I love HTC phones. Their build quality is second to none. Second isn't even close. I don't care about custom ROM's or stock Android. They're nice and all, but I don't spontaneously combust every time an OEM releases a phone that isn't a Nexus. I know what Sense is and what I'm getting in to. Zoe looks sweet, but I'm not too sure about BlinkFeed. I'll probably use it for sports, news and weather as opposed to social networks, but that all remains to be seen. If the camera rocks the way people are talking about, I'm probably in.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in the upgraded camera but I noticed on the HTC site under specs it lists networks as "HSPA/WCDMA" does that mean no LTE? Also it doesn't mention an SD card? Does anyone know what that means? Is there a slot or just no availability?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
In comparing this phone to others on the HTC site I notice they don't even list the EVO anymore. What's with that? Is our phone obsolete already?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I probably would if Sprint would allow some reasonable upgrade path. I've got about 14 months left with an HTC EVO LTE contract though.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I really don't like them deciding how much space we have. It smacks of Apple. Yes I know 64gb is a lot but I also bet you'll pay through the teeth for it. A lot more than you'd pay to buy a 64gb sd card.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I spent under 30 bucks for a class 10 64GB SD card and I'm almost positive the difference in price between the 32gb and the 64gb will be more than that. Also noticed no kickstand and man, I love my kickstand!

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably will keep my EVOLTE on Sprint for personal use and trade in my Blackberry Bold currently on Verizon for work for a new Verizon HTC One. Makes Sense 5 to me. Work is giving up on BB server and switching to Lotus Traveler for mail etc. This would be a new contract with Verizon, so new phone discount and $100 cash card seems Sensible 5.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably will keep my EVOLTE on Sprint for personal use and trade in my Blackberry Bold currently on Verizon for work for a new Verizon HTC One. Makes Sense 5 to me. Work is giving up on BB server and switching to Lotus Traveler for mail etc. This would be a new contract with Verizon, so new phone discount and $100 cash card seems Sensible 5.

Except the One isn't coming to Verizon.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
What's your thoughts on the M7?
PLUS:

+Twice the RAM
+Front stereo speakers
+Better light sensitive camera
+64GB storage option
+Recessed camera
+Not overly huge
+Great case and look
+Fast CPU/GPU

MINUS:

-No inductive charging
-Button changes yet again
-No big change in battery
-No kickstand
-No removable battery
-No SD slot
-No SERVICEABLE BATTERY (The Evo LTE's "non-removable" can be replaced in 5 min)

Things that will potentially ruin it:

*I bet Sense still has no landscape home screen.
*If it is not available on all major carriers (and at the same time).
*If they can't prevent carrier meddling.
*If they don't advertise effectively.

And this is just based on what little I know about it so far.
Would you trade the EVO for an M7??

Nope. If I were due for an upgrade, I would consider it. But I am not and will not for 1.5 years now. There is nothing overwhelmingly interesting about the M7/ONE. CPU? Who cares, they are all fast now. Battery life? Probably not much different from the Evo LTE. Storage? No more potential than the Evo LTE. Camera? Sounds interesting, but really, it is a cell phone. To me the only compelling features are the 2GB of memory and the front facing stereo speakers.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There is no expandable memory

No phone has expandable memory. It has 2GB of memory.

it comes with either 32gb or 64gb on board

That is storage. Yep, it will have no sd slot. And that is probably just fine, as long as they don't rip off the customer for the extra storage space. The problem has been having to pay hundreds of dollars extra for $25 worth of additional storage.