EVO LTE vs HTC ONE

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All of this is based off my personal perception but so far here is how I see it

size= same 4.7 on both...tied
design= HTC One created to have wider mass market appeal while EVO LTE was more closed and targeted based off its past product line history....EVO LTE
screen=HTC ONE wins be default due to newer technology. SLCD 3 in HTC One vs SLCD 2 on the EVO LTE....HTC One
processor= 1.5 dual core in the EVO LTE vs 1.7 Quad in HTC One....HTC One
battery= 2000mah in EVO LTE vs 2300mah in HTC One.............neither for lack of removability
software(OS)=ever so slight bump to 4.1.2 on the HTC One versus 4.1.1 on the EVO LTE currently.....HTC One
software(manufacturer overlay)= too subjective to gauge. HTC one is rocking Sense 5 while EVO LTE is currently rocking 4+
Memory= HTC One is clear winner hear with double the on-board ram of the EVO LTE. 2gb VS 1gb......HTC One
storage= HTC One will come in 32gb/64gb non-removable. EVO LTE has 16gb built in and supports up to 32gb.......EVO LTE
camera=EVO LTE has 8mp shooter with image sense chip. HTC One has 4mp shooter with larger size pixels and greater aperture.......*too soon to know.

From where I sit the plusses the HTC One has over the EVO LTE are all incremental and to be expected. Nothing to make me say "I gonna run out and get this" and definitely not enough to NOT make me consider other manufacturers. Today's announcement had a lot of hype and pizzazz as to be expected but at the end of the day I'm left saying "MEH!!!". Am I wrong?

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you for the most part. I personally think it looks and sounds promising, but I'm going to wait and see what Samsung brings to the S4. I've had all three phones in the EVO line, but am open to other options. But it's certainly has some strong points.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely a nice phone but your conclusion is exactly why I always wait two years for a new one instead of one, almost always turns out that one year after the device you got comes out you'll only be seeing incremental upgrades.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge jump from my beloved EVO LTE. There is no wireless charging which I would of been interested in. The screen and other stats are just small increases.. No need to upgrade here.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
On the software side sense 5 looks (just 1st impressions) like a welcomed change from sense 4 (4+ is basically the same thing as 4) and it may ship with nearly the same android version I'm sure it will get 4.2 before too long so I would say the one definitely has the software edge in every way. Design looks pretty nice too and I'd like to hold one in my hand before I give the edge to the evo there.

But that being said I agree with everyone here, not enough to make me start a new contract today especially considering more new phones to come from other oem's in the near future.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
To me the HTC one looks to much like a Windows phone 8 as far as how the on screen operations look I still prefer my EVO LTE but I am worried that sense the phone is soon to be released it leads me 2 believe that there gonna hold back on the jellybean 4.2.2 update for the EVO 4g LTE till they get as many sells as they can for the HTC one which can take a while that sucks I dislike apple just as much as the next android guy but atleast no matter when a newer iPhone comes out they still update the older iphones in a timely fashion

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I love my LTevo as much as the next guy but once its released if it gets good reviews and has fewer issues I'd make the switch. The dual front speakers really interest me and the quad core will be better for gaming. The upgrades may be incremental but with it being on multiple carriers I think it will get a lot more attention in regards to updates. Just my 2 ?.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one who has never had a need to remove my battery? Why is having a nonremovable battery a negative? And how does neither device win in that category because of it? That seems more subjective than the software part.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who has never had a need to remove my battery? Why is having a nonremovable battery a negative? And how does neither device win in that category because of it? That seems more subjective than the software part.

I can give you 2 reasons why it's good to have a removable battery 1 is if your phone ever freezes it's nice to be able to pull your battery out to reboot the phone and 2 if your battery life sucks it's good to have multiple batteries and be able to switch batteries or get an expanded battery lucky for you, you never had to run into any of those problems but for the rest of us that's the reason why it's a setback if it's not a removable battery

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

You are not the only one! It seems charging a phone is too difficult for some!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I can give you 2 reasons why it's good to have a removable battery 1 is if your phone ever freezes it's nice to be able to pull your battery out to reboot the phone and 2 if your battery life sucks it's good to have multiple batteries and be able to switch batteries or get an expanded battery lucky for you, you never had to run into any of those problems but for the rest of us that's the reason why it's a setback if it's not a removable battery

Doesn't volume up and power simulate a battery pull for those situations?
And I carry a portable charger when I know I'll be away from a charging source for an extended period.
All I'm saying is having a non removable battery is in no way a deal breaker with today's technology.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
if your battery life sucks it's good to have multiple batteries and be able to switch batteries or get an expanded battery lucky for you

I completely agree with your reasoning, however 95% of the phone buying public do not carry extra batteries with them, not do they see this as an issue with recent phones.

I for one needed that extra battery for my OG EVO because a full charge would last less than 8 hours. My EVO 4G LTE gives me 15 to 16 hours even with 3 to 4 hours screen on time.

Obviously everyone's mileage will vary, but i think manufacturers are shooting for that Sweet spot for the vast majority of users. In would not be surprised at all to see Samsung move in this direction as well, but only time will tell.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on that it's not a deal breaker with me otherwise I would not have the new EVO that I'm using right now but I do have friends that didn't move to the new EVO for the simple fact that there was no removable battery I guess it's all just personal preference

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on that it's not a deal breaker with me otherwise I would not have the new EVO that I'm using right now but I do have friends that didn't move to the new EVO for the simple fact that there was no removable battery I guess it's all just personal preference

Coming from an iphone to this phone I've never had a removable battery in a smartphone. It's certainly not a deal breaker but if I was deciding between 2 phones and 1 did have a removable battery it would certainly be a plus for all the reasons stated above.

People who are used to have a removable battery though are definitely scared to give that up. I get asked a fair amount about my evo (if nothing else for the red stripe in the back) and people are shocked when they realize there's no removable battery.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Because apple charges 100 and up to change the battery when they go back and htc will follow suit. It's a way for many factors to make more money off consumers.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
a removable battery is also handy when you expose your phone to liquids... going through a shutdown sequence takes longer than just yanking the battery out.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Because apple charges 100 and up to change the battery when they go back and htc will follow suit. It's a way for many factors to make more money off consumers.

First year replacements are free. Second year is 50 if you have apple care. There is no charge if you have insurance through sprint... FYI... Plus I'm yet to have had any issues with my battery....

a removable battery is also handy when you expose your phone to liquids... going through a shutdown sequence takes longer than just yanking the battery out.

Really??? When you expose your phone to liquids? How about....

Or you could just avoid exposing it to liquids :p

..... This

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the HTC One is a great looking phone with some great specs.
That said, it's not "enough" of an upgrade to make me want to dump y Evo 4G LTE.
Now, I'm getting REALLY annoyed by the network speeds that Sprint is currently giving us here in central NC. (They were OK for a while, but lately it's just gotten BAD)

The One is a BEAUTIFUL phone. I wish they would have kept the kickstand used on the Evo. I LOVE the kickstand on my Evo. LOVE it!

Let's see what the One is like when I can get my hands on it.

The removable battery issue is a complete NON-ISSUE to me. I bought an external battery pack that can recharge my Evo when I go camping. As to worrying about battery pulls, perhaps I need to invest in a ZIP LOCK BAG to store my phone in when I camp.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze