widgets don't update

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So when I first saw the Google now widget I thought cool, I will use that for my home screen. The problem was it will never update, and now I discovered that my Google reader or the NYT widget doesn't update either. Anyone know what's going on? Or is it time to move on from the horrible Sprint network and HTC problematic EVO LTE?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So when I first saw the Google now widget I thought cool, I will use that for my home screen. The problem was it will never update, and now I discovered that my Google reader or the NYT widget doesn't update either. Anyone know what's going on? Or is it time to move on from the horrible Sprint network and HTC problematic EVO LTE?

Same problem, my clock widget still says 9:04am from yesterday. And I have widgets that seem to disapear from time to time. Getting pretty tired of sense and all of its quirks and bugs

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Might just want to uninstall and then reinstall the widgets. My Evernote widget would not launch a new note, but after removing and then reinstalling it works again just fine.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Not sure how any of this has to do with Sprint. The evo lte had been anything but problematic since the last update in fact most problems from looking at the forum are very few and far between. Could be a HTC sense issue or widget.

Sent from my amazing HTC

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how any of this has to do with Sprint. The evo lte had been anything but problematic since the last update in fact most problems from looking at the forum are very few and far between. Could be a HTC sense issue or widget.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Sprint is to blame for everything, didn't you know that? :)

I would say overall this phone qualifies as problematic but like you said since the last update the issues seem to be fewer and far between and less severe.

With all the widget issues I've had I definitely feel like there is a sense home screen issue. And we're talking about widgets from multiple and very reputable apps like google, evernote, flipnote, hd widgets....

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my amazing HTC

My problem with Sprint is the network has never just worked for me. All I want is to be able to stream music without a pause or watch a youtube video without a long pause. I had the first Evo from release date and I been with Sprint for 12 years. I can honestly say the 4g wimax, regular 3g or this new LTE can't make my simple request possible. I know they are working on the new LTE network but what if it never comes? What if I stay waiting for another 2 years of customer service telling me "tower work is the most likely culprit, but it's going to get better". While my brothers and friends with Att and Verzion are already used to streaming anything on their phones. (I live in Miami a populated city)

As for my EVO LTE, from day one a simple thing as connecting my bluetooth to my new car did not work. I don't think I ask for much

Mr Bok

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Googled this same topic, and there was a suggestion to remove all widgets, reboot, and then add them back one-by-one. One of the widgets can be stopping the updating of other widgets (somehow).

For me, it actually seemed like the Google Now widget that was the problem, FYI. I removed just that widget, restarted my phone, and all seems well now.