What is this tiny almost transparent circle in my notification bar?

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed this odd almost transparent circle object in my notification bar at the top of my screen. However when I pull down the tray nothing is there? I went to see what was running the the settings and nothing odd was there? I killed everything and it went away. Then it came back later so I had a friend text me and when I cleared the text notification only in the tray it disappeared? I have never seen anything like it before and unless you look it's almost hard to see. I thought maybe this was Sprint backdoor software and someone was trying to remote diagnose my phone or view my screen so I killed my Wifi and 3g but it kinda scares me they can take over whenever they want? I don't have many apps installed other than what came stock (Google Voice, Xfinity Channel Changer app, Flixster, PlayerPro and Dead Trigger. I've also disabled many of the stock apps like Google+, Facebook, Shopper, Gmail, Soundhound, twitter, etc... If someone could help me figure out what it is, as I have included pictures below.

245a9hc.png
195zma.png

Thanks in advance,

5th :cool:

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
A few people have suggested (other forum) that it is a beats logo, another Google weather icon but I've turned both on and it's not them. Sorry nope, I had the weather card turned off. So just now I turned it on to test and no. Also Google weather wasn't being shown when this icon was appearing. Nothing was in the tray, other than the persistent HTC power thingy. Any other ideas anyone? Come on someone has to know what this is and I pray it's not the light for some perv at HTC or Sprint to be watching my screen, LMAO! Thanks again for the ideas!

5TH

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Next time it's there check in Task Manager to see what's running. As you close some apps see which one makes the circle disappear.

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It's for Google now not sure why it is there but it is also you can double check by looking at it and seeing if you have a card info in your notification bar
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Cindy E

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's the GPS finding your location. On my phone it pops up, gets the location, then goes away till I use an app that needs my location. Try turning off GPS to see if it goes away (it does for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs