Facebook (build 140579)

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This keeps popping up in my status bar, and it doesn't go away. It appears as if facebook is updating or downloading something. Restarting the phone does nothing. What is this?

Sent from my third EVO.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363246611514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363246611514.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 134

Viktor Kaveshnikov

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I got the same thing, I even tried erasing facebook app and then resetting the phone up without facebook, its still ON
That's seems very fishy ..... !!!!

I have Samsung GalaxyS II ( Galaxy S2 ) Sprint

Aj Boo

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Everyone seems to suffer from this annoying problem.
I have found a solution:
keep pressing on it till you get "App info", then force stop it and clear date.

This worked for me and hope it works for you guys. ;)

praveenboine

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I use Galaxy S(I9000). I also suffered with the same problem since this morning. Tried to stop the update process in many ways which are not successful. @ last stopped it by going to Menu --> Downloads --> Other downloads and there selectd the particular download and cancled it.

autume83

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issues on my HTC Thunderbolt. I was able to get rid of mine by going into my apps and finding the App called Downloads. It showed that the Facebook (build 140579) was In Progress of downloading. So I killed it to see if this would work. I restarted my phone and it still hasn't popped up. I checked to see if it was in Downloads, and there is nothing there.

Prior to figuring that out I had originally tried to force stop the Download Manager. That worked, however when I restarted my phone it would pop right back up and say that it was downloading again.

cgast89

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP! :confused:

autume83

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB

Are you opening up the program from the All Apps menu as if you were opening up another program like Angry Birds?

Cassidy DeGennaro

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same prob only the bar is there it has not started but it keeps acting like its downloading I searched in play store n couldn't find it turned phone off then on and its still there and its not listed under my apps or downloads does anyone know anything else to try to get rid of it?

Ray Graft

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx. Same problem, went to downloads in apps menu, checked box for Facebook (build 140579) and sent it to trash. That took care of it. Thanks.:D

OTB

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Ti fix this problem its easy

Go to your Downloads - choice other downloads and you will see Facebook build 140579 file and delete it

The problem solved

autume83

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same prob only the bar is there it has not started but it keeps acting like its downloading I searched in play store n couldn't find it turned phone off then on and its still there and its not listed under my apps or downloads does anyone know anything else to try to get rid of it?

I had the same issue so I know how annoying this thing is. It sounds like you are looking under my apps or downloads in the Settings menu, is this correct?

autume83

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to add some screenshots to help out since I understand that looks for the Download app can be confusing.

Below is a screenshot of my home screen and what I need to click to get to all of my apps. There should be something similar on whatever phone/tablet you are using.
t6v0wj.jpg

This is a screenshot of the app that you are looking for:
1zn0ai9.jpg

When you open up the Downloads app you should see Facebook (build 140579). On my phone I had to hold down on it and drag it to a trash can. Once I removed this it took care of the issue.

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I opened 'Internet' clicked on Menu and selected Downloads and it was listed there. I was able to delete it an it hasn't came back. :)
BTW....This is crap!!!

autume83

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just added some screenshots that give a little bit more detail on where to look. You won't find them under the Settings menu. You'll need to go under the Apps menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish