EVO LTE crashing, running slow

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Lately my favorite phone has been running slowly. By that I mean, going from one app to another, going to the home screen or waiting for all apps to fully load on the display, this all takes time, sometimes several seconds. I've restarted. I've powered off. I do run professional version of AVG antivirus and scan regularly. I keep untrusted apps to a minimum.

Today I'm not getting phone signal at home and if it does suddenly manage to connect to my Airwave it doesn't hold that connection.

Finally, I tried to check for updates. I'm updated already fully. Note that the phone will not successfully update the profile. I did update the prl.

Suggestions?

AdamIsAdam

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you've got on your phone. Back up everything you can, my backup pro works well, and clear Google wallet. I've done it numerous times and my phone always performs better as a result. If you decide not to, the only other thing is to clear cashes or try a battery pull (power down button for 10 sec).

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have backup pro but hate the thought of a reset.

I thought we can't pull the battery on an EVO LTE? What does holding the power button do?

EDIT: did the reboot after holding down pet button. We'll see how it runs for a while...

AdamIsAdam

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Did that work for you? Holding power button down for10 seconds simulates a battery pull and should be done from time to time. I do this a few times a week. Hope this helped.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that rebooted it. Thanks.
Phone runs ok, but clearly not as fast as it used to even switching between certain applications.

AdamIsAdam

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The other day I went through and deleted apps I don't use often. That seemed to help the sluggishness I've been experiencing.

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that rebooted it. Thanks.
Phone runs ok, but clearly not as fast as it used to even switching between certain applications.

AdamIsAdam
more than likely its some app or apps you have installed that are chewing up system resources in the background.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
yes, I guess I know that. I'll delete some stuff. One thing I noticed its that my Swype (latest beta) often takes up to 5 seconds for the keyboard to put up.

AdamIsAdam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678