Anyone not use a case?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Since i have had the evo lte i haven't used a case i think it looks sexy and flashy w/o one. I have the white one so the silver and white compliment each other very nicely. I saw the black one at the sprint store but the white model caught my eye the most cause it sold out. I haven't dropped my phone at all but i somehow let the stupid sales clerk convince me in buying the otterbox defender even tho i dont use it lol. Anyone else? If not what kind of cases you guys using?

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I probably have 25 cases, including the diztronic and cruzerlite, as well as various other TPU cases. Recently I bought some cheap knockoffs similar to the casemate barely there cases from eBay for $3. I love how thin they are. The black one makes the phone look like the phone is without a case. Minimally protective, though. I also have these in red and white, but the white cases are impossible to keep from discoloration.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had my EVO since launch, and never put a case or screen protector on it. I've got a couple of minor dings on two corners from dropping it, and an almost imperceptible chip in the glass. The only part that hasn't worn well is the shiny black plastic upper back (predictably). All-in-all I'm pretty happy with the phone's durability.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It really depends on what type of employment your in. I use an outterbox on mine because of where I work at which is restaurant its necessary because of the heat, grease, and other things that can build up. If I wasn't a cook I would probably have a cheaper or no case at all.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hate using cases on smartphones (bulks them up too much), but I did one for my EVO LTE because it was a little slippery in my hands. I didn't want to have it slip and hit the floor!

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
No case here, just a screen protector. Had my phone since the end of May last year. Used a gel skin for a few months, but I've been careful and lucky without it.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Used a case all the time when I first got it (Otterbox Commuter) but now only use it on weekends or when I travel on business. Haven't used a screen protector since I got it (first day) and it doesn't have a scratch or blemish anywhere on it.

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
been going raw dog for about a year, I like the stock look and feel. i also find a reason to get them replaced under warranty, so they stay fresh.
found I reason to replace it finally, found a lil bubble under the screen, so I put a case on it this rounds, just so I can sell it "fresh"

dtnoble1974

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I no longer use a case although I have for years. I'm an android newb and my first android device is the Motorola RAZR HD. Love it! This phone is way too slick to cover in plastic!

Sent from my XT925 using Android Central Forums

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried using it bare for a while after I first got it because I don't like a bulky case. Soon found that the phone was to darn slippery feeling to operate without using two hands. I picked up a Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case from Amazon and it is great. Got rid of the slippery feel and is barely larger than without it. I had previously tried a silicon rubber type case and didn't like it at all. Even though it's very thin, the Diztronic TPU case protects it very well. I have accidenly dropped it on a tile floor a couple of times. Landed right on a corner, but didn't hurt the phone a bit. I don't use anything over the screen and have had no trouble with that. I keep it in a leather vertical belt holster.

0beron

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case from Amazon and it is great. Got rid of the slippery feel and is barely larger than without it.

I also use a Diztronic. I have days where I want to take the case off to "let it breath" or just admire the phone. It is a great piece of hardware...but then I always end up putting it back on. Nothing pains me more than seeing so many people pulling their phones out with majorly cracked screens.

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do I use a case? Yes and no :-$ My job is industrial maintenance, so when I'm working my LTEVO is in a Seidio Surface case with rugged skin/skeleton. If I'm not actually working on equipment, I just use the Surface case. Come the weekend, the case comes off (unless I'm doing something athletic, like mountain biking). I haven't put a screen protector on this phone, and after nine months I still don't have a scratch on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae