Battery is running down

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
A few weeks ago my battery started to run down by the middle of the day. It used to last for more than a day. (A few times when I would go in the hills or other bad reception areas, I understand that taxes the battery) But this is for normal use. How can I see if a certain app or something is causing this to happen? What other reasons might there be for depleting the battery so fast? Thank you.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
First of all I would go back to when this started to happen and go through any apps you installed at that time and look at their usage. If they are high delete the ones you can live without. Also i wrote this for battery usage for HTC devices. Check it out and see if this helps you.

HTC Battery Usage And Conserving Power

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you VERY much. I appreciate this. It looks like Groupon was at 61% in app usage. I installed it recently, so we shall see if that was the problem.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you VERY much. I appreciate this. It looks like Groupon was at 61% in app usage. I installed it recently, so we shall see if that was the problem.
Anything over 50% is terrible and AT 61% I hate to say this but delete the app and give it a week and I bet that is the problem, See if you can live w/o it.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I dont feel I did anything differently, but suddenly my power is draining fast. I see that Google Services is at 56% app usage. I am not sure why this is. I have restarted the phone and deleted one new app (weatherbug, probably not the cause). How can I get google services to not use so much power? Thank you.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont feel I did anything differently, but suddenly my power is draining fast. I see that Google Services is at 56% app usage. I am not sure why this is. I have restarted the phone and deleted one new app (weatherbug, probably not the cause). How can I get google services to not use so much power? Thank you.

In the past, the #1 cause of this was Google Now being on or location history being on. Neither has ever been on for my Evo, so I don't know if it is still causing people issues with power.