Question about roaming data

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So assuming all the plans include rowing data(im on a family plan with like 2k min and unlimited data like everyone) but im curious about roaming data. On every phone I've had with Sprint I've turned off the option for roaming days because i dont want to get charged anymore than i already am lol. So I'm wondering if it's necessary to keep roaming off? Im in a building where i get 0-1 bars on signal and hate not being able to use my phone when i need it. So if i turn in roaming will i be charged more? Or not? Is there a certain roaming allotment that we get to use or can we not use roaming data at all?
Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think when you start using 300mb a month roaming is when sprint might terminate your contract. Roaming data is not unlimited

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So we are allowed to use it w/o being charged extra as long as its not over 300mb?

Yes you are allowed to use it and its use is included in all the regular Sprint plans (at no charge). But there is no exact "rule" as to how MUCH you can use roaming before Sprint will say something to you. Sprint keeps that info under their hat. Unlike using Sprint towers, roaming directly costs Sprint money.

I believe roaming data is limited to only 1xrtt anyway=80-100kbs (and the few times I have used it, it seemed MUCH slower than even that). So it is not something you will be happy using, anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01