Correct Fitting Belt Holster?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has ANYONE found a good fitting and quality horizontal belt holster for the Evo LTE? I can't find anything except generic holsters that are designed for a phone twice as thick.

I have been using a Reiko similar to this one for almost a year: Amazon.com: Leather Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case: Cell Phones & Accessories (I can't find the exact one now, but the original was advertised solely for the Evo LTE.) It is starting to wear out. So I tried this VMG one and it, too, is way too thick for the phone, and the leather on the click tore after just two weeks of use:
Amazon.com: VMG Black Nappa Horizontal Leather Holster Case w/ Belt Clip for HTC EVO 4G LTE Sprint Cell Phone [by VANMOBILEGEAR]: Everything Else

I don't want a case, just a holster for the bare phone. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not inexpensive, but I have had Nutshell cases for my Treos and BB's in the past. For the EVOLTE for a horizontal holster, check out the 4 way belt loop. Or call them directly. I am sure they can put one of the metal clips on sideways for you. They will punch a hole for the headphones jack if you want, too. I have 3 old cases that are still in fantastic shape with no phone to put in them. A case for the EVOLTE will hold an HTC One when you are ready.

HTC EVO 4G LTE belt case

By the way, my son and wife were eligible for upgrades, and the HTC One is fantastic. Wife, like you, cannot stand Blink Feed, but she just whisks it away. Blows away the EVOLTE, hands down.

Edit:
They have horizontal cases in many sizes.
WN75351 small leather belt pouch

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Has ANYONE found a good fitting and quality horizontal belt holster for the Evo LTE? I can't find anything except generic holsters that are designed for a phone twice as thick.

I have been using a Reiko similar to this one for almost a year: Amazon.com: Leather Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case: Cell Phones & Accessories (I can't find the exact one now, but the original was advertised solely for the Evo LTE.) It is starting to wear out. So I tried this VMG one and it, too, is way too thick for the phone, and the leather on the click tore after just two weeks of use:
Amazon.com: VMG Black Nappa Horizontal Leather Holster Case w/ Belt Clip for HTC EVO 4G LTE Sprint Cell Phone [by VANMOBILEGEAR]: Everything Else

I don't want a case, just a holster for the bare phone. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.

Seidio as a spring clip Holster

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Not inexpensive, but I have had Nutshell cases for my Treos and BB's in the past. For the EVOLTE for a horizontal holster, check out the 4 way belt loop. Or call them directly. I am sure they can put one of the metal clips on sideways for you. They will punch a hole for the headphones jack if you want, too. I have 3 old cases that are still in fantastic shape with no phone to put in them. A case for the EVOLTE will hold an HTC One when you are ready.

HTC EVO 4G LTE belt case

Wow, you are not kidding.... $70? That seems really, REALLY high. (It also also concerning that they say "Evo 4G LTE" and show not one but TWO photos of the HTC One X or S or something.) I see the horizontal example from your edit, which is more more like what I was looking for, although theirs has no push-up hold on the bottom and appears to be "floppy" (no rigidity). Looks like quality stuff, though. Price is really hard to swallow.... maybe something about the exchange rate?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Seidio as a spring clip Holster

Another interesting idea... although it offers no scratch/impact/splash protection on the back and some sides, which I do need. Plus although it can rotate horizontally, I don't think the phone can be easily removed and inserted that way. Thanks for the info.

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
For what it is worth, I found a very nice leather horizontal holster at none other than Walmart. Is made by "Case Logic" and was just a generic phone holster. Fits the bare EvoLTE very well and has a simple leather covered clip on the back. Fits snug enough that the phone won't fit if you put any kind of protective sleeve on it. Sounds like it has all the features you are looking for and was less than $20. Can't find any model numbers on it, but I just went and tried the fit of the different cases. Protects the phone very well with a magnetic flap and has a push up hole in the bottom. Sorry, I tried to find a link to send you, but wasn't able to find one.

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought a body glove at radio shack. It is just a little tight at first but conforms perfectly. It's been a long time now but I think it was under 20 bucks. I had to have a solution before I got rid of my og evo that had a great htc horizontal case. Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2