Alright guys need some tips/suggestions for this issue.

So my Evo 4g lte got the "static" issue and I decided to go ahead and replace the screen/digitizer to fix it. Install went smoothly, but when I finished the touch screen was not working. Display was fine, but I couldn't do anything since the touch screen was not responding.

I go ahead and take everything apart again to make sure connections were correctly plugged and still same issue. I recheck connections again and phone just shut off and does not turn on/take charge.

I did have the phone on the whole time I was working on it maybe that is what caused the issue. Anyways any help is really appreciated!
    07-14-2013 12:21 AM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like you may have fried it. As someone who loves to take everything apart that he gets (not to just fix it - sometimes just to see what's inside) I have always made sure to power-off whenever I'm getting my grubbies into some electronics. Static electricity kills components. I mean it literally destroys them, causing explosions on a microscopic level that render the component useless.

And that's static electricity. Imagine what the current from the battery can do to those components. Always disconnect that battery as soon as possible before getting anywhere near the components. It's not going to zap you, per se, but those IC chips will be doomed. I know it's a pain to get to the battery connector, but it's worth it.
    TonyLibations likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:36 PM