My phone has gone crazy in the last week.

Dustin Tracy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had the EVO for a couple months and after the initial set up have had no issues. Suddenly in the last week or so it has developed multiple problems. I don't remember installing any new apps. It is turning itself off, perhaps at about the same time each day. Speaker phone is coming on automatically whenever I make or answer a call and will even revert to speaker phone in mid call. I also think that it is not charging the battery even when the display indicates it is. The lighting bolt is on and i can leave it plugged in for a while and then have it immediately go to battery warnings when removed from the charger. I have a back up battery and charger, which provide a work around for this. It also is turning the screen on while plugged in. I uninstalled google music player and Xpress connect b/c i though one of them may have been the source of the trouble, both were not working right. I installed the Avira app and scanned for viruses it said there were none. Any ideas or solutions short of a hard reset? Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had the EVO for a couple months and after the initial set up have had no issues. Suddenly in the last week or so it has developed multiple problems. I don't remember installing any new apps. It is turning itself off, perhaps at about the same time each day. Speaker phone is coming on automatically whenever I make or answer a call and will even revert to speaker phone in mid call. I also think that it is not charging the battery even when the display indicates it is. The lighting bolt is on and i can leave it plugged in for a while and then have it immediately go to battery warnings when removed from the charger. I have a back up battery and charger, which provide a work around for this. It also is turning the screen on while plugged in. I uninstalled google music player and Xpress connect b/c i though one of them may have been the source of the trouble, both were not working right. I installed the Avira app and scanned for viruses it said there were none. Any ideas or solutions short of a hard reset? Thanks.
You can try removing apps you don't use and see if that helps. Otherwise, you might need to factory reset to clear any lingering issues that could be causing these issues - I'd suggest a reset after backing up all your data, text messages, etc.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset it. You might have a System Ui crash. Used to happen on my HTC Amaze. Its when your entire Android system corrupts itself and everything is messed up. In a easier way, your phone has diarrhea and its shi******* itself to death.

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power