Any HTC defectors out there?

chuckuykendall

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So much HTC hate in a forum about HTC phones :-( I plan to go with the One Max unless there is a new EVO phone out and hopefully by then Sprint's Spark network will be live where I live!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think most of them haven't used an HTC one because if they did they wouldn't be blind stating "My thunderbolt sucks I'm never using HTC again"

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I stayed with HTC. I had a pretty bad motorcycle accident a couple months back. I was on a solo ride halfway across country. My EVO took a beating (back came off, cracked and dented) but it still took a charge and I could use it. I would have been lost if I had been stuck in that hospital with no working phone. I am greatful for the great build on HTC Phones. Living in Dallas, I have great reception and 4G service, so it was a no brainer for me. I went with the HTC One as a replacement. I love the phone. No issues at all and the speakers are amazing for a phone. And HTC has already said we will be getting KitKatt by end of January. Very pleased with my descision to stay with HTC.

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Already did. Went to Sprint and changed plan to the unlimited my way with yearly updates. The update I got? A Galaxy Note 3. Honestly doesn't feel that much bigger a week in than the Evo LTE did, but it's ridiculously faster.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering between the Nexus 5, LG G2 and Moto X.

Nexus 5 and G2 for stock android and a better camera respectively and the Moto X because of better battery life.

HTC does make some solidly build hardware and Sense is the most polished Android UI IMO, but it's just so hooked into the OS that it breaks stuff and HTC is terrible when it comes to updates. Sense 5 should been on the damn phone back in March at the very latest.

There is no excuse for them dragging there feet on it. If they where going to be so lazy about releasing it they should have left the bootload alone, so users had an easier way to root and Rom the thing.

They just pissed off a bunch of users and are going to loss a lot of people over it.

Posted via Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering between the Nexus 5, LG G2 and Moto X.

Nexus 5 and G2 for stock android and a better camera respectively and the Moto X because of better battery life.

HTC does make some solidly build hardware and Sense is the most polished Android UI IMO, but it's just so hooked into the OS that it breaks stuff and HTC is terrible when it comes to updates. Sense 5 should been on the damn phone back in March at the very latest.

There is no excuse for them dragging there feet on it. If they where going to be so lazy about releasing it they should have left the bootload alone, so users had an easier way to root and Rom the thing.

They just pissed off a bunch of users and are going to loss a lot of people over it.

I heard the G2 isn't really stock and kind of feels like touchwiz

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I did it, moved onto the Moto X. Best phone I have ever used. Sorry HTC, I don't know who you're thinking of when you build phones, but it's not me.

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hold out for the S5 unless something wows me before it's released.

Posted via a phone that needs LTE service..... Sprint!

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm jumping ship too. Undecided on which one since my upgrade is still a ways off but my first thoughts are the iPhone 6 when it comes out-long wait there though, not due till October.

Main reason for the big jump is my experience with the wife's iP5, that and growing dissatisfaction with Google--especially Google Maps.

The EVO LTE has been a great disappointment to me since day 1, never came close to filling the shoes of the original EVO.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Have my iPhone 5s for a week now, in addition to my EVOLTE. The iPhone camera is better. Multitasking is better. You can leave a game running and go back to it, just like I used to do on my Palm Pre! Fingerprint reader is better than face recognition. Loads interwebz pages faster with Chrome compared to the EVOLTE. Calendar is not as good. Tough to customize without jail breaking (I can't because it is a work phone.) All my google stuff works on iPhone, including Play Music. Battery life on iPhone 5s is exceptional, too. Waiting for 4.3 and Sense 5.0 on EVOLTE. Ringtone options much better on EVOLTE. Will have to see what Samsung and Motorola and HTC have in the spring. Next Android phone needs 3 GB ram at a minimum and at least 64 mb storage.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Using the Moto X now but the HTC One is probably in my opinion the best phone ever made.

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sadly early reports are coming in on specs of the m8 that the phone will not have three gigabyte of RAM. Im done moved to the nexus 5 on the 3rd of December has been a great experience so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
To bad you elected to not purchase the TEP (Total Equipment Protection) insurance.
Sprint would have replaced your defective phone at no charge within a couple of days.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I plan on upgrading Feb. 1 and I'm having a tough choice making a decission. I definitely want to drop HTC and my phone is at capacity, so I need something with more storage, which means i'm looking at the GS4 and G2. I want to go with the G2 for the better camera and battery life, but the SD card slot on the GS4 is making it really temping.

I'd probably be considering the Nexus 5 if it had a bettery camera and battery life, as I really would like the timely updates.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I plan on upgrading Feb. 1 and I'm having a tough choice making a decission. I definitely want to drop HTC and my phone is at capacity, so I need something with more storage, which means i'm looking at the GS4 and G2. I want to go with the G2 for the better camera and battery life, but the SD card slot on the GS4 is making it really temping.

I'd probably be considering the Nexus 5 if it had a bettery camera and battery life, as I really would like the timely updates.

I just bought the G2 for my daughter and all I can say is "I'm jealous"

Sent from my HTC One

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the G2 for my daughter and all I can say is "I'm jealous"

Sent from my HTC One

Most of the feedback and reviews I've seen for the G2 say it's better than the Galaxy S4 w/ better camera and battery life. The only sticking points seem to be the button layout, interface (I know it looks really similar to Samsung's TouchWiz) and the lack of SD card compared to the GS4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon