EVO LTE SD card slot not working after root

vtecbrown

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have searched about this issue with my SD Card slot on this site, and am turning up with problems with non-rooted phones.

My phone now is fully S-OFF'd and running BeanStalk-4.3.075, and is very smooth. Before rooting, the slot worked fine with 2 different cards. I have flashed 5 different roms and sd cards on all relevant formats, and they all have the same result: the SD CARD SLOT NO WORKIE!

yFJkdosgjsH53_0pyTt5vm3MhUaXc5sF7Mt7J7U8I-o.jpg

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have issues with my card and beanstalk well, so I don't use the rom. I'm running meanbean, and have no issues. I've also run CM, and Viper and didn't have any problems with either.

EDIT: I just reinstalled the Latest Stable BeanStalk 9-17 from the XDA forums. Everything is working as it should. Did you install gapps right after you installed BeanStalk? I don't think that really would make a difference, though.

EDIT 2: I just realized something. Are you still connected to the computer via USB? If so, disconnect from the computer, and then go into settings and try to remount the SD card.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

vtecbrown

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Was very heIpful in arriving at my conclusion for the day.

I just flashed meanbean, and I get the same result. I also relocked my phone and returned it back to stock ICS using the RUU and no sd card would be recognizable still.

I've realized that something must have happened when I rooted for the first time. Voltage spike maybe? I'm convinced it's the hardware...

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow, sorry to hear that. I guess it's possible the SD card reader got fried during root, but that is very coincidental.

My last bit of advice would be just try and wiggle it a bit while it's in the slot, maybe that could do it.

I hope you get this working.

-GS

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

vtecbrown

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Quick update.

I found that the 3.17 firmware was out so I decided to place the PJ75IMG.zip on my sd card. HBOOT recognizes my card, but the OS and TWRP do not! Weeeeeiird...

robertoiee

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I've same problem too.
New Acer A210 tablet working well.
I do root procedure and unlock bootloader, flash insecured kernel and CWM recovery.
All ok but sd card do not exist more.
I try many recovery and kernel and rom in some combination, but sd card is not detected.

I can't do stock kernel and recovery because original was not saved and downloded stock rom will not function.

2 week of test and no result......

robertoiee

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Some problems solved.
After some tries we formatted /system and then device was "bricked" (could flash recovery and kernel, but coudln't reinstall the rom from any system).
Tablet was functioning only in recovery, or in kernel load, but froze after kernel load.
We could load the rom in the device memory using adb sideload (from Kiwi++ Recovery) but the loaded zip would not install.
The error was Status 7, and the installation was aborted, giving different generic error.
In a forum we found that the problem was the incompatibility between rom and hardware, even though we used a stock Acer A210 rom (OS_Acer_Acer.A210.AV051.RV05RC02.EMEA._A41J_A.zip).
We modified the file "updater-script" located in \META-INF\com\google\android deleting the first line:
assert(getprop("ro.product.name") == "a210_emea_de");
which should be the line that checks the device type.
After flashing this modified rom via sideload, the installation went fine (but the touchscreen in kiwi recovery was not functioning anymore, only temprarily until the next boot).
When rebooting, Kiwi asked if we wanted to keep it in the recovery partition or if we wanted to reinstall the stock recovery from Acer, we chose to reinstall the stock recovery and it was flashed fine.

Now the device is not rooted anymore, but the SD card still isn't working nor recognized.

robertoiee

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
ReRoot again
I can't leave without root linux console....
SD card still not working.
If I use dmesg command on console I can see USB key connection, discovery and assigni SD target.

SD card reader do not give responses on dmesg.

I found a command "fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" from people with SD card disabled but Acer Iconia Tab A210 do not accept fastboot oem enablexxxxxx command.

Anyone have suggestion to solve the problem?

Thanks