Google play services at it again...

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Last two days battery drain due to Google Play Services has become worse. Today my phone discharged then charging kept cycling on and off until I unplugged and let it die. Seems to be charging now. I know there was an issue in Nov but what now?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Last two days battery drain due to Google Play Services has become worse. Today my phone discharged then charging kept cycling on and off until I unplugged and let it die. Seems to be charging now. I know there was an issue in Nov but what now?

Uninstall the updates and see if that helps

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea it sucked 30% of my battery over night. Ill have to try to uninstall update unless they come up with a new update.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I used to have regular problems with either Google Services or Google Play Services going loopy and killing my battery, until I finally turned off all location services. Neither Google Services or Google Play Services has risen their ugly, battery-killing heads since then.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I had had the problem previously with Android services but this one was new. All is well now. Either deleting FB or the Play update or both solved the problem