Help w/ Cyanogenmod Installer EVO LTE

eagles4585

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
When I downloaded the Cyanogenmod installer and ran it on my HTC EVO 4G LTE it said "Unsupported device. Continue at your own risk." The thing is, I want Cyanogenmod without the root method. Would any of you kind souls at androidcentral be willing to test it for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When I downloaded the Cyanogenmod installer and ran it on my HTC EVO 4G LTE it said "Unsupported device. Continue at your own risk." The thing is, I want Cyanogenmod without the root method. Would any of you kind souls at androidcentral be willing to test it for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
Welcome to Android Central :)
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you still need to be rooted to install from the app.

eagles4585

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for replying. I have heard many things about people using the Cyanogenmod installer, with one person using a YouTube video, to show how to install it without root. Those were Galaxy phones though, which say they are compatible.

eagles4585

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
ok yeah they app was removed from Play because of Google policy, just wondering if anyone with the HTC EVO 4G LTE would like to test Cyanogenmod installer. Like, it says I can still do it, just with "Continue at your own risk" being the warning message. So I was just wondering if anyone would like to take the risk.