I can't receive calls or texts.

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can't receive calls or texts? But when I make a call, I receive all the texts or voice mails that were sent to me. Wtf? Why is this happening? I have updated the profile and prl Nemours times! Sprint told me to shut off my phone and turn it back on -.- it did not work!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i have been having problems updating my profile and prl also... which causes the same problem (and others) you're experiencing.

go into the phone app, dial ##72786#, open the top right menu, and select "reset". it'll look like it's resetting the phone back to factory, but it just ends up rebooting.

as near as i can figure, it resets the communications drivers on the phone.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what Sprint will have you do if you call them about it. They are upgrading the towers in my area and when ever the network is there, but outside links are unavailible my phone cannot seem to restore iteself. This has happened twice now and ##72786# solved it both times.

But I also learned something this morning when I called for the second time. The first time I was in a rush and just needed to make some calls, so I did not take note of anything. Today I learned that you may be able to get your MSL from them as part of it.

Now I recently had no trouble getting my MSL from them when I called about the code required to enable "USB Charging" (which did not work BTW.) This was done after the first time I had to run the ##72786# Reset. Today when I called they told me that my phone may ask for a passcode after choosing Reset. The Rep told me the code to enter without hesitation, nkowing my MSL already,I realized that the code they gave me was my MSL.

So the point here is..Call in, tell them that you cannot make/Recieve calls or texts. When they tell you to choose reset (after entering the ## code) if they don't mention the passcode, then tell them that your phone is requesting one. And now youhave your MSL.

Or try the USB Charging thing I mentioned above.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My son had this exact same problem (only with an HTC One) in western Massachusetts over the weekend after Sprint updated towers. Same procedure got things working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz