Can't install 4.3 RUU on Windows 7 and 8.1

prebert

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to install several times, but I keep getting ruu "error [120]" low battery but my phone is at 100% charge
I have gone as far as resting my phone to factory settings . I have tried different USB ports on my Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
I have uninstalled HTC Sync Manager, same error.
I have reinstalled HTC Sync Manager, same error.
I have tried different HTC usb cable, same error.
I have tried WinXP compatibility mode, same error.
I have run the RUU in "As Administrator", same error.
I have not been able to find any post with the same problem with this update.

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Tried this

wait what. im having the same issue as OP but what do you mean that "it worked then your phone bricked". I also emailed htc this is what they said

Please reboot your device into the Bootloader/HBoot screen. Slide the Notifications panel open, tap Settings > Power, clear the Fast Boot check box, and then power off your phone. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Power button. Wait for the screen with three Android images to appear and then release the Volume Down and Power buttons.

Use the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight Fastboot and then press the Power button to select the option. Please connect your phone to a main USB port of your computer using the supplied USB cable. When the drivers are finished installing, the device will change to “Fastboot USB.”

Please download and open the RUU and then click Next on the Welcome screen to begin the RUU installation. Please note that this will permanently erase all installed programs and data files on your phone; you will therefore want to first back up your files.

Please disable the standby and hibernation features of the computer and make sure your phone’s battery power is over 30 percent. Place a check in the box and click Next to proceed. A verification process will follow and then you should see information about your phone and a prompt to update. Follow the prompts to continue the update. Please do not unplug your phone, use the computer, or allow the computer to go into “sleep” mode; or your device could be rendered inoperable. When the process is complete, please click Finish to exit the utility and allow your phone to reboot.

...and this

and still not working. Getting the same thing. Install shield pops up getting ready to install. Bar goes fully to the end and program closes and nothing ever happens.

Restarted my computer after installation
Used original Evo 4g Lte HTC USB cable
Ran as administrator
Drivers of phone installed successfully and show up on my computer successfully
HTC Sync Manager Installed

Still nothing at all

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I tried out my Dad's Windows 7 x64 computer and it worked for whatever reason. Didn't work for my windows 7 x64 computer, but worked for his. He has Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 and it has been running for years. My Windows 7 was a fresh install after I got a virus. After install shield was done it went right away to instructions. Had a problem at first when updating because my original HTC Evo 4g Lte cable is jacked up with the wires sticking out from being bent too much so I used my Asus tablet usb cord instead and it worked fine. Got scared for a second because while it was almost done the progress bar stopped moving on the phone and the progress bar looked like it messed up and glitched because it wasn't a straight bar anymore, but my computer continued to stay it was completed even though my phone looked frozen on a glitched unfinished bar. I unplugged and the screen went straight to the bootloader. Did a hard reset and the phone started up flawlessly. Now I am on 4.3 finally. Good luck to you guys. Your best bet is trying other Windows 7 computers if you can right now. My Windows 7 was built by myself and I installed Windows myself. My Dad's was one of those generic computers with everything up and running when you buy it from the store if that might have anything to do with it.

akwaris

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
So basically i should try doing the update with various computers using different usb cables plugging into different usb ports, all while simultaneously praying that my phone doesnt brick. Sounds good

chuckuykendall

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I tried out my Dad's Windows 7 x64 computer and it worked for whatever reason. Didn't work for my windows 7 x64 computer, but worked for his. He has Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 and it has been running for years. My Windows 7 was a fresh install after I got a virus. After install shield was done it went right away to instructions. Had a problem at first when updating because my original HTC Evo 4g Lte cable is jacked up with the wires sticking out from being bent too much so I used my Asus tablet usb cord instead and it worked fine. Got scared for a second because while it was almost done the progress bar stopped moving on the phone and the progress bar looked like it messed up and glitched because it wasn't a straight bar anymore, but my computer continued to stay it was completed even though my phone looked frozen on a glitched unfinished bar. I unplugged and the screen went straight to the bootloader. Did a hard reset and the phone started up flawlessly. Now I am on 4.3 finally. Good luck to you guys. Your best bet is trying other Windows 7 computers if you can right now. My Windows 7 was built by myself and I installed Windows myself. My Dad's was one of those generic computers with everything up and running when you buy it from the store if that might have anything to do with it.

I struggled with my personal laptop trying to get it to work for a few hours, even involving HTC support via chat a few times to no avail.

I move to my work laptop and it works immediately.

HTC support suggested I try another computer, but they didn't offer a reason and I don't think they would have been technical enough to provide one if I pressed them on it. :)

ahawgfan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I finally got it installed. Took trying four different computers. It has been well worth it. Phone is renewed and much snappier.

Posted via Android Central App

josh7cfc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This is the type of crap that makes me happy I left Android. Overly complicated bollocks that won't work half the time. Fixing an HTC One for someone and I've already spent 10x the amount of effort just trying to install the bloody OS than I have had fixing any problem with my iPhone.

James Hamrick

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Install all c++ redistributables and it will work
Had same problem on a windows 7 computer. Downloaded ALL C++ redistributables and it did work. Make sure you get them ALL, and restart after. should load up just fine. Oh and I just wanted to say thanks, i spent a week trying to get my HTC one x updated and im happy to say i finally got it finished and updated to 4.2.2.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I could litereally throw my desire eye out the damn window at this point. Ive done literally everything suggested, and even installed windows on my mac (boot camp) still same deal. Click next and it just closes.