I've had a rooted Evo 4G LTE for 14 months now ... my first smartphone ... but have decided to move on and upgrade. I still love the phone, but I'm moving on because it's flashed to work on Page Plus (Verizon MVNO) and I can only get 3G, plus I'm only grandfathered in to be able to keep the phone on PP, and if I should ever get kicked off that network, I can't get back in.

I've got an HTC One M8 on the way, that I bought on Swappa. My question ... what do I do to get all vestiges of "me" off the Evo, as far as clearing my data, accounts, etc., before I do something with it?

I've researched the "standard" process for doing this, I was just wondering if since this phone is rooted, I need to do anything special. I basically was just going to toss this out on the Swappa Boneyard or eBay and see what I can get out of it, not going to put any money into unflashing it because I don't see the point given the pittance these phones are going for right now. I just wondered if there's any way to keep root and keep the ROM I'm using on there (Yankee's ROM) when I do the reset, although I fear if anyone unflashes the phone it might mess that up. I'm still sort of a newbie on such things.
    04-19-2015 04:44 PM
    Remove your Google account. go to each app and clear data and cache. Uninstall every app you've installed (that will also render remnants of data you may have missed useless.).

That's assuming you don't want to do a factory reset or, more extreme, wipe the entire userdata partition.
    04-19-2015 06:46 PM