Flash new rom...Rebooting on loop. FAIL.

EyeizMarzi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been running my phone on a stock sense UI for a while now with root access and have had no problems up until I installed ADW Launder EX. Nothing but force closes. My friend showed me his EVO running the new MIUI rom with Godmode kernel flashed. I wanted to go ahead and flash the same setup. Upon flashing the godmode kernel, I came to get stuck on the white EVO/4G screen on a continuous loop turning on and off. Had no choice but to restore a previous backup I had in my phones storage through clockwork recovery. I then tried to flash MIUI first instead of the godmode kernel. I got passed the white screen but the new dilemma was the MIUI Splash screen on constant loop now. /facepalm. I just can't seem to figure out why neither the kernel, nor the rom want to boot. (PS...the backup that I have to resort to is running a CM6 stable with a cyanogen AOSP based kernel.) But it was not what I was most recently running prior to flashing issues I've ran into. HELP

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... get a fresh download of miui, and check the md5 sum. It could be a corrupt download.. also, godmode is intended for CM... I'd see if you can get the Rom working first, then nandroid, then check some kernels other than godmode. I hope that helps

mikeinstlouis

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems with the same thing..not sure if related.

Using Clockwork Mod recovery, I tried to flash the new SYNERGY ROM ( MYN, VIRUS etc) onto my EVO . Only problem, I was up delivering babies all night and was tired..I flashed the wrong ROM for the HTC INCREDIBLE instead of the ROM for the EVO. I know...dumb move....

Needless to say..I got an error (this was in clockwork mod)

I was stuck...frozen..couldn't do anything

I pulled the battery and then couldn't boot into recovery..I was freaking out. Even my CWM was dead.

I reflashed a clockwork mod recovery 2.6 I believe is what I had and THANKFULLY was able to get into recovery.

I then tried to do a NANDROID restore and get back to what I had before...but ERROR.

in fact I had two other nandroid backups..all three gave me an error:

checking md5sums...
erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot image...
error while flashing boot image.

I freaked OUT!

I for some reason was able to flash MYN Warm 2.2 and it seems to be working OK, but I haven't really done any thing with it.

I really wanted the new ROM so I tried to install it again.

I tried to wipe the MYN, but when wiping the Dalvik Cache, I got the following error:.

Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(file exits). .

I went to the forums and have had a lot of help from some really nice people. They recommended I try AMON RA and to wipe with that.I have wiped and wiped and wiped and wiped.

Everytime I try to install this ROM, it only completes about 1/3 of the installation notification bar (stops just underneath the V in VIRUS), stalls for a few minutes and then, all of a sudden, it says it is complete. I reboot and it goes to the HTC EVO white screen...hangs, turns off, buzzes as it turns back on, over and over (I think this is called bootlooping?)

I have wiped everything that AMON RA has. My tutorial (evorootwiki) said to do data, cache and dalvik cache in CWM.

I have replaced my SD card
I used FORMAT_ALL.zip and SUPERWIPE

I tried to flash MikG ROM and same result, it flashes a third of the way done, and then bootloops.

I was able to do a NANDROID backup with my AMON RA and it was restored OK.

In summary, I flashed the HTC INCREDIBLE ROM to my HTC EVO, Error, messed up CWM, reflashed CWM, couldn't do a nandroid restore. Then flashed Amon RA, wiped everything, used format_all.zip and superwipe, replaced my card and every ROM flash leads to a third of an installation and subsequent bootloop.

It's weird. I can easily load Myns Warm 2.2. and it works fine

I have updated all the radios (caulkins thread?)...no luck. Reflashed my Hboot too.

I have made sure the md5sum count of the ROM was correct before transferring it to my card.

I hope this makes sense.
Did I fry something? Is this fixable?
MYN said that since I see light..I am not totally screwed.

I am starting to think that the CWM wrote something somewhere that I can't wipe.
I am getting that Dalvik Cache error like there is file there that should not be.
It is not the ROM, nor the SD card (I tried to flash Mikg Rom, same results)

Maybe the two are related?