Question.

darklite41

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to rooting so I really don't know much about it right now. I'm going to be getting the Photon 4g when it comes out for sprint and I wanted to ask if I would be able to put HTC Sense on it. Right now I'm using this [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [6/30/2011] - MikG v2.2 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - xda-developers rom and I've really gotten used to Sense and I like the way the rom runs. So I wanted to know if anything would happen to the phone if I were to put Sense on it since it comes with MotoBlur.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would say that it would be unlikely that you could put a Sense based ROM on the Motorola Photon. The ROM you link to is a Sense based ROM that is only for the EVO 4G.

Unless you want to develop the ROM yourself, you would have create a ROM specifically for the Photon that is based on Sense and the custom kernel to talk to the Motorola hardware to run Sense would also have to be highly customized.

The last I heard of a Sense ROM on a Motorola phone was in September 2010 and I haven't seen anything since. That particular ROM was lacking Bluetooth, had problems with GPS, and 3G, so it was pretty bare bones.

Reactions: darklite41

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc