09-01-2011 01:39 AM
32 12
tools
    my phone has Synergy RC2 ROM (Android 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0 Themes) woud like your opinions and knowlege on this rom and sense. thanks im new to this so dont shoot me. lol
    strawhatnito0890 likes this.
    07-26-2011 11:23 PM
    I've been running it and it's a great phone.. just low on initial available memory.
    07-27-2011 12:42 AM
    Moved ya to the root section

Shoot you? Androidcentral is more laid back compared to other android forums, no need to worry about internet trolls here

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-27-2011 12:58 AM
    07-27-2011 07:18 PM
    I have RC2 on my Evo and I like it so far. LOTS of options and mods with the rosie, titlebar, lockrings, and so forth. The devs working on this rom are veterans and put out a good product. Give it a shot and let us know what you think. Like reagan noted, initial memory is low but go into settings>applications>On SD card and then move what you can over to the SD to fix the memory problem.
    07-27-2011 10:05 PM
    For the synergy rom, you would be better off partitioning your SD card. Its on xda post 2 on the synergy download. Its running android os on your SD card and your free to keep the internal memory of your phone for apps.
    07-28-2011 08:34 AM
    For the synergy rom, you would be better off partitioning your SD card. Its on xda post 2 on the synergy download. Its running android os on your SD card and your free to keep the internal memory of your phone for apps.
    This is correct. Partitioning your sd card is very helpful. MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE CONTENTS OF THE SD CARD TO YOUR COMPUTER OR ARE BEGINNING WITH A FRESH SD CARD. Making a partition will erase the entire contents of the sd card.

I started with a fresh 32gd sd card, made a 2gb ext 3 partition and have not received any low memory notifications. Make sure you do NOT use the app2sd method after, since you will then be moving your apps from the partition on the sd card to a folder on the sd card.

Also make sure you install using the Amon_RA recovery version 2.3.3, it is very smooth and causes very few problems, especially if you wipe everything except the sd card, before installing a new ROM.

As with any ROM, make sure to read the instructions. The people over at XDA on the Myn and Synergy forums are super nice, and do not mind answering noob questions. However, read the first few posts and do a search.

Enjoy it. Synergy RC2 is a great ROM.

Ron
    07-28-2011 01:23 PM
    Absolutely loving Synergy.
    07-28-2011 11:47 PM
    How's the battery life?
    07-29-2011 10:38 AM
    Its ok, if your looking for battery life I'd stick with aosp or sense 1.0 roms.
    07-29-2011 01:15 PM
    yeah any tips on conserving battery life
    07-30-2011 12:15 AM
    I had been on CM7 up until this ROM caught my eye this past week. It was just updated to RLS1 last evening and there are 2 versions, the regular ROM and “God Mode”. Basically God Mode increases the I/O performance by replacing the file system and takes approximately 30 minutes to install. I initially installed God Mode and the Quadrant Standard scores were very high (1,500’s) but, the phone was extremely laggy. It was just another point made that these scores aren’t what they are cracked up to be. I do think with the I/O performance increase it could score high on the Quadrant, but it really had nothing to do with the actual performance of the user experience.

I went back to the normal version RLS1 last night and I’m running the V6 Supercharge Script which is available via XDA. Without the script the ROM is still extremely fast. The Quadrant scores are very average, but the speed and performance of the ROM is quite amazing compared to normal stock Sense. Speaking of Sense, this ROM has Sense 2.1, but all the goodies of Sense 3.0 which is very nice.

There are tons of mods, themes and I believe two kernels so far (Freedom and Monkey) With the RLS1 version, myn released a Warm Sprinkle theme which replaces the Rosie and adds Warmness throughout. There is a 3D carrousel mod which I’ve tried and worked great, but the negative I experienced with it was it made the Sense widgets lag while scrolling, and it also broke some HTC widgets through the widget selection.

As far as battery life; I think any ROM takes a few days to get settled in so I can’t quite judge how it is yet. Right now it appears to be on par with Myn’s Warm 2.2 and really depends on how often everything is syncing. I didn’t partition my SD card and just using App2SD; which I still have 120MB of internal space. All in all, I’ve once again fell in love with my original EVO after about 8 months of complacency. Don’t get me wrong, I love CM7 and still have my Nandroid…but this ROM brought some new spice to the Evo!
    08-06-2011 12:46 PM
    I got the Synergy RC2 and I am having problems with the Brightness. It start at 100% and after the the screen wake up it goes dim and I can't get it brighter. I have all the setting to manual and to 100%. Anybody?
    08-07-2011 06:18 PM
    I just downloads Synergy RC2 ROM last night and have been having a problem with the Market. If I try to open it, I get Market needs background data to be enabled. I've searched around and can't find a solution. Does anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks

Never mind, I just installed the Market App and all is good.
    08-17-2011 01:28 PM
    im running Rc2 God Mode(:
    the name says it all lol, im getting all the performance i need and no complaints about the ROM
    08-17-2011 02:19 PM
    I just downloads Synergy RC2 ROM last night and have been having a problem with the Market. If I try to open it, I get Market needs background data to be enabled. I've searched around and can't find a solution. Does anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks
    You may have a lot of issues going on. Let's try a few things.

FIRST, from the home screen go Menu=> Settings => System Updates => Update Profile and update your Sprint Profile.

Then go Menu=> Settings => System Updates => Update PRL and update your PRL.

If you receive the 1012 error code, don't fret. A lot of people are receiving it.

An explanation of this error is here: Sprint FAQ - PhoneNews.com Phone Encyclopedia Wiki

Wipe your cache and dalvik. Sometimes this helps. If not wait a while and try it again. The link has other suggestions. If you still receive this error after 8-12 hours, you may need to contact Sprint.

SECOND, are your radios up to date? Go here to make sure you have them:

[ Radios ][ 7-4 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

If you do not have the latest radios, it could affect your ability to receive data in Synergy (and other Gingerbread ROMs).

THIRD, download the RLS1 ROM. It fixed some bugs in RC2. Do this no matter what.

(You can choose either the Zilla mode or the regular one. Some Evos like the Zilla mode, others have problems. My Evo did not like the Zilla mode, so I am now running regular RLS 1. As to Zilla mode, YMMV.)

Check the MD5 sum to make sure the file downloaded properly.

FOURTH, before you flash RLS1, make sure your recovery is Amon_Ra 2.3 AND that you properly wipe your Evo. (Make sure to flash on a full charge, with your Evo unconnected to a computer or the charger.)

I go over board, but an extra 5 minutes up front prevents a lot of problems later. I run VR_SUPERWIPE, then Caulkin_s_FORMAT_ALL, then I wipe EVERYTHING except the SD Card. You should be good to go. I have attached the two scripts.

Remember, that this will wipe all of your data, including texts and game levels. Use Titanium Back, or another program to save your important data.

You can download Amon_Ra here:

http://files.androidspin.com/downloa...le=PC36IMG.zip

To install it, place the PC36IMG.zip file on the root of your SD Card and and install it via the bootloader.

Good Luck!
    08-17-2011 02:23 PM
    THIRD, download the RLS1 ROM. It fixed some bugs in RC2. Do this no matter what

What does this mean? How will downloading another ROM help with the current one?
    08-21-2011 10:21 PM
    I flashed Synergy RC with godmode this morning and with moderate use I still have 59% battery since 8 am and its 9:36 pm at time of this post and this is my quadrant score. with synergy and stock kernel
    08-21-2011 10:38 PM
    idk i flashed synergy two days ago had it on for about 30 minutes its alot like the mik rom. I think the two better roms out right now are cyanogen7nightly and kingsalliance. Right now I am running cyanogen with turbo snap kernel only downfall is that batteryyyyy
    08-21-2011 11:00 PM
    but quadrant reads at 2200 lol
    08-21-2011 11:01 PM
    Its ok, if your looking for battery life I'd stick with aosp or sense 1.0 roms.
    Oh, I know the battery life isn't that great with Synergy. I was just asking because I haven't flashed synergy in a while. It's a beast. I've had better battery life on Mik3d or Evolved.
    08-22-2011 07:41 AM
    THIRD, download the RLS1 ROM. It fixed some bugs in RC2. Do this no matter what

What does this mean? How will downloading another ROM help with the current one?
    "RC2" means that this is the 2nd release candidate of this ROM. That is, the developer does not believe that it is complete.

"RLS1" means that this is the first full release version of the ROM. It adds to and fixes bugs in the prior RC. If you have any problems with RC2, download and flash RLS1. See if it helps.

The developers of Synergy are a very talented group and are constantly updating their ROM. It is free to use, so enjoy it. If you don't like it (or your Evo doesn't like it), try another ROM.

My Evo does not like the godzilla mode of the ROM, but the regular mode runs very smooth. YMMV.
    08-22-2011 10:06 AM
    i like
    08-23-2011 07:07 AM
    "RC2" means that this is the 2nd release candidate of this ROM. That is, the developer does not believe that it is complete.

"RLS1" means that this is the first full release version of the ROM. It adds to and fixes bugs in the prior RC. If you have any problems with RC2, download and flash RLS1. See if it helps.

The developers of Synergy are a very talented group and are constantly updating their ROM. It is free to use, so enjoy it. If you don't like it (or your Evo doesn't like it), try another ROM.

My Evo does not like the godzilla mode of the ROM, but the regular mode runs very smooth. YMMV.
    I forgot to mention that RC2 is intended to work on a lot of phones, whereas RLS1 is optimized for the Evo. As a benefit, RLS1 gives you more internal storage than RC2.
    08-24-2011 02:59 PM
    Someone please help. I had in Synergy - [RLS1 I removed it and went back to Stock ROM now I am installing Synergy RC2 with godmode.
    Installed it at 1803cdt HTC EVO boot screen came up at 1815. Its now 1834cdt with the htc EVO 4G screen showing did I do something wrong? Should I remove the battery..

Please help
    08-27-2011 07:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD