SetCpu root problems

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So i used the new Revolution root and I'm trying to use Setcpu but on every ROM that i am using my phone crashes when i try use Setcpu. I have no idea why this is happening can someone please explain why my phone would crash as soon as i try using that app?

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
When you say boot do you mean "Fast Boot" cause it is checked and I really dont know what that does or why it is checked so before I uncheck it are you talking about Fast Boot?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, it's not the rom. It's the kernel that you're using. Different custom kernels have various tweeks for under volt and over clocking.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No. The CPU clock setting, there's and option. " set on boot". Make sure the box is unchecked.

If you have it checked, you just lost everything on your phone and have to restore a backup to get out of it.

Basically if you check that box, overclock it too much, it will crash. When it goes to boot back up, it his 1.2 or what not and crashes. Its almost like a boot loop.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Not fast boot. When you are in the SetCpu app there is an option under your max and min speeds. It will say "set on boot", this is what you want to leave unchecked until you know what you can run without problems.

Fastboot reboots without doing a complete boot. Hint the name fast boot.

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Aha well good thing I waited for you guys to reply. I haven't installed Setcpu since the last time it crashed but i will give it a try now and uncheck that!!

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I installed SetCPU and it was unchecked once I installed it. I'm guessing it was the kernel that made it crash cause it hasn't crashed on me yet.

So can you guys help me out on how to set up my "Profiles" for better battery life?

P.S Any suggestions are welcome :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance