please help me unbrick my evo!

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes..I'm going to flash mikg.v2.45. How do i get the ROM onto the sdcard now? I was able to flash su zip that was on the card, so it will flash but there is no ROM.

"sent from Ken's Evo3dSuperPhone"

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hook your phone to the computer and select disk drive on the phone. Drag the rom to the card. su isn't a rom, it gives the stock rom superuser rights. All custom roms have it already

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash mikg. It started do flash then said " installation aborted" assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img)
E:error in/sdcard/mikg-v2.45-signed.zip
Status 7.
What does this mean...mikg is bad?
Should this zip be on the root of the card or android secure or something like that. I see that thus is RA recovery.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am downloading "gingerbread EVO deck". I will.see if that works. Downloading straight to sdcard from file host.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash mikg. It started do flash then said " installation aborted" assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img)
Status 7.
What does this mean...mikg is bad?
Should this zip be on the root of the card or android secure or something like that. I see that thus is RA recovery.

Just tried to flash EVO-deck and received the same error message. Do i need to put the RUU back in? Or put EVO deck on a different spot on the sdcard?

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok...now I'm.downloading a pc36img file for a stock rooted ruu with radios and wimax. Now I'm.scared to do anything else cause this can lead to a perm brick. Am I going in the right direction?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Flashing a rom won't brick your phone but messing with radios can. I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble. Leave the ruu alone and stay with the stock rom you have. Its already rooted and if you just rooted then you have the current radios. Restore your backup to back to the stock rooted rom.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hboot-6.16.1002
I watched the fastboot screen and a line in there said "no image or wrong image" I'm going to try to get a pic do i can write what it says.
Ok..checked the fastboot screen. This is what I get :
SD checking.
Loading PC36diag.zip
No image.
Loading PC36.diag.nbh
No image or wrong image.
Loading PC36img.zip
No image
Loading PC36img.nbh
No image or wrong image.

Last edited:

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I made this mistake on my wife's LG optimus accidently formated her SD card so I erased her Rom but thankfully I though of the easiest thing all I did was downloaded her ROM on my SD card pulled her SD card out and put mine in hers and the booted in recovery and flash the Rom from install zip from SD card . So simple if you have ways to put stuff on your SD card .

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G Tapatalk

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I made this mistake on my wife's LG optimus accidently formated her SD card so I erased her Rom but thankfully I though of the easiest thing all I did was downloaded her ROM on my SD card pulled her SD card out and put mine in hers and the booted in recovery and flash the Rom from install zip from SD card . So simple if you have ways to put stuff on your SD card .

I was able to load a sprint lovers rom on the sdcard, but when i tried to boot phone it still didnt work. it says that there is no pc36img on the phone for diag.zip,diag.nbh or pc36img.zip, or pc36img.nbh. how do i get that on the phone? i downloaded a pc36img.zip with radios and wimax and put it on root of card. when i boot into bootloader it never sees the pc36img and prompts for update. When i load the sprintlovers rom it loads all the way to sd install complete. but if i load any other rom I get: " installation aborted" assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img)
Status 7.
What does this mean...? I see that this is RA recovery.
What to you think i should try next?

Last edited:

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was able to load a sprint lovers rom on the sdcard, but when i tried to boot phone it still didnt work. it says that there is no pc36img on the phone for diag.zip,diag.nbh or pc36img.zip, or pc36img.nbh. how do i get that on the phone? i downloaded a pc36img.zip with radios and wimax and put it on root of card. when i boot into bootloader it never sees the pc36img and prompts for update. What to you think i should try next?

Try this link not sure its gonna help I just Googled this .

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/151059-crap-i-bricked-my-evo.html

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Look on the sd card and the properties of the file. Make sure it isn't named PC36IMG.zip.zip you will be surprised how many times that happen. I think Vista and I know 7 does not sure the "dot" file type so its easy to rename it PC36IMG.zip and it automatically adds another .zip on the end of it.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I made sure it was named correctly. It seems that its having trouble reading from E:/ it said go into ADB and repair F's. I don't know what that means. I have cwm on my EVO and he has RA. I tried to load a nand from one phone to the other but it wouldn't read that either. I downloaded the latest rooted OTA, renamed it. Tried to load from fastboot and hboot. It never sees the PC36img.zip.

"sent from Ken's Evo3dSuperPhone" on tapatalk.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hboot-6.16.1002
I watched the fastboot screen and a line in there said "no image or wrong image" I'm going to try to get a pic do i can write what it says.
Ok..checked the fastboot screen. This is what I get :
SD checking.
Loading PC36diag.zip
No image.
Loading PC36.diag.nbh
No image or wrong image.
Loading PC36img.zip
No image
Loading PC36img.nbh
No image or wrong image.

My problem has been solved...my pc36img was named .zip.zip. windows did add a .zip to my file. I had to go into the /tools/ section and uncheck..hide all known extension. So I installed rooted OTA, then I was able to boot all the way through.

"sent from Ken's Evo3dSuperPhone" on tapatalk.