How much should I overclock and underclock my phone

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, some phones can go higher/lower than others. For the highest it is usually around 1.19 I believe. Lowest is 245 to keep it safe. Some can go to 185 I believe it is. If you go too high and it reboots you are ok as long as you don't check set on boot. Then you're screwed, as you will need to use adb to get it off.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
SC is right. I have mine at 1113 max and 245 min....If I go higher, it tends to make the phone lag...Running Decks 1.3b with Tiamat 4.06. YRMV

jamesrshaffer3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would come up with a scale or page that showed what happens at more popular settings.. yea, I am not sure where to set mine either??

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Good CPU setting really on the kernel you're running. The custom kernel I'm using is set at 128 to 1113. The lower end is for the battery life.

jjshleprock

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Its all relative to you and your phone. Expirment with different freqs. until you find a good balance. Just do NOT set on boot with set cpu untill you find a setting that won

rayporsche

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I am currently @ 245min/1190max and everything is very fast and smooth, not one single issue., that is with the 2.6.38.8-Tiamat 4.0.6 non sbc kernel set as interactive using SetCpu....
r08u2v.jpg

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The thing about overclocking is that if you use the "Time in State" monitor for SetCPU, you'll see just how infrequent the times your phone runs at full CPU speed actually are.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Every phone is different and everyone is going to have different results. Every processor that was manufactured slightly differ from one to another. My processor is going to behave differently than the one that was made right before mine and after mine. They are like "twins" the all look alike but have different personalities. I underclock and never overclock unless I plan on doing something big on my phone. I normally keep my phone set at max 499mHz. I get 14+ hours of battery life with heavy no stop use.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Every phone is different and everyone is going to have different results. Every processor that was manufactured slightly differ from one to another. My processor is going to behave differently than the one that was made right before mine and after mine. They are like "twins" the all look alike but have different personalities. I underclock and never overclock unless I plan on doing something big on my phone. I normally keep my phone set at max 499mHz. I get 14+ hours of battery life with heavy no stop use.

I'm running at 500MHz right now on Decks, but if I tried 500MHz on a Sense ROM....Forget that.

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am on Decks 1.3d with the most recent Tiamat kernel 4.0.6 non sbc I have a min of 128 for my battery and it won't let me go over 1152mhz, I get lots of resets at 1191. I am on the SMARTASS governor.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I too am running at 499mHz, and with my extended battery I easily get 2 days worth of use. I keep everything off unless needed ie: 4g, wifi, GPS etc. I first noticed when I switched to a lower CPU setting, I was getting some lag, but it settled in and now is sweet as cherry pie. Not to mention decks rom is my daily driver.

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair