We just bought an EVO from someone and when we went the Sprint store to add our contacts, they said it was rooted. Now when we try the online root recovery we are not able to use it because the phone will not turn on. It stops at the EVO screen and does nothing else. Sprint is unable to help. My daughter just spent $180 of her own money and now the phone is useless. Any ideas?
    08-27-2011 06:05 PM
    Pull the battery. Put it back in. Hold volume down and power until it boots to recovery/hboot/etc. If there is a recovery program, wipe dalvik cache, do a factory reset, choose install zip file, choose choose zip file from SD card, and see if there's a ROM on there. If not, find one and put it on the SD card. You may have to buy a new SD card that will come with a reader for your puter, but your phone is very fixable if its rooted. It sounds like the person you bought it from erased the ROM is all. If a ROM is there still, just flash it and reboot the phone from recovery when flashed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-28-2011 01:58 AM
    We just bought an EVO from someone and when we went the Sprint store to add our contacts, they said it was rooted. Now when we try the online root recovery we are not able to use it because the phone will not turn on. It stops at the EVO screen and does nothing else. Sprint is unable to help. My daughter just spent $180 of her own money and now the phone is useless. Any ideas?

do you know what a rom is or would look like? Not talking down just making sure....
    08-28-2011 03:31 AM
    hello im having the same issue i tried rooting my evo yesterday and it didnt work and now my phone wont turn on as well...when i press recovery it shows the phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point. i just want to factory reset the phone so i dont have to buy a new one...if theres anyone that can help please!!
    08-31-2011 01:40 PM
    hello im having the same issue i tried rooting my evo yesterday and it didnt work and now my phone wont turn on as well...when i press recovery it shows the phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point. i just want to factory reset the phone so i dont have to buy a new one...if theres anyone that can help please!!
    Yours sounds like recovery didn't load when you were giving it the revolutionary s-off. Reload it again. It will say you already have s-off, "so what are you trying to do?" (or something like that) and keep going. It gives you the red exp point when you go into recovery because you have no recovery program...yet. No need to stress...once you get root it's next to impossible to screw your phone up. For most people.
    08-31-2011 02:12 PM
    Yours sounds like recovery didn't load when you were giving it the revolutionary s-off. Reload it again. It will say you already have s-off, "so what are you trying to do?" (or something like that) and keep going. It gives you the red exp point when you go into recovery because you have no recovery program...yet. No need to stress...once you get root it's next to impossible to screw your phone up. For most people.
    so how do i go about actually turning on the phone itself? do i plug it into the computer? i just want the phone to actually turn on instead of being on the welcome screen that just says HTC EVO 4g...im really inexperienced in this i barely know the terminology i really need like baby steps tbh im basically a n00b
    dawnied13 likes this.
    08-31-2011 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD