Emergency help for my evo!!

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
hello...im new to this forum and was recommended i come here if i have an issue...so yesterday i tried rooting my evo using the 2.3.3 root anythingandroid video on youtube and it didnt work and now my phone wont turn on...when i press recovery it shows the phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point. i just want to factory reset the phone so i dont have to buy a new one...if theres anyone that can help please!!

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Does your screen at the bootloader show s/off on top? What did the rooting app do? malfunction, never finish or what?

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Does your screen at the bootloader show s/off on top? What did the rooting app do? malfunction, never finish or what?

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

it says revolutionary supersonic evt3 ship s-off...i went on AnythingAndroid's youtube channel the video is called how to root htc evo 2.3.3 gingerbread. got up to the step where you go into recovery but it doesnt let me it shows my phone with a red triangle

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Reload revolutionary again like you never did it. It failed to load the recovery portion. I had the same thing happen to a thunderbolt last week. You'll get a "already s-off, what are you trying to do?" Message....keep loading

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to run the program again.
[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers
Download the PC36IMG.zip from the site and put it on the root of your sd card. Turn off fast boot and then power off your phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your bootloader screen pops up. Let it scan and when it ask if you want to update select yes and when it says if you want to reboot select no and then go into your recovery. Install your superuser.

Once superuser is installed you can use rom manager if you want clockworkmod. I prefer Amon but it's up to you

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The easy way is why he's here in the first place because the tutorial didn't each him what a recovery is, how you flash it, and how you access it. Learning to access the bootloader and recovery will help him in the long run.

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to run the program again.
[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers
Download the PC36IMG.zip from the site and put it on the root of your sd card. Turn off fast boot and then power off your phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your bootloader screen pops up. Let it scan and when it ask if you want to update select yes and when it says if you want to reboot select no and then go into your recovery. Install your superuser.

Once superuser is installed you can use rom manager if you want clockworkmod. I prefer Amon but it's up to you

i really appreciate all the help you guys...the only problem is i cant get my phone to actually turn on so i can plug it to my comp and put pc36img.zip on my sd card. is it bricked?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Your phone doesn't boot? You said you were only getting the red explanation point when you were trying to get to recovery. If you pull the battery, put it back in, and only hit the power button to start the phone like normal and get that, yes, you are bricked. Mine did that once, but finally booted through after a few times of trying it. I just kept booting it (while silently cursing myself) while shopping for a new phone on bestbuy.com.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't boot to the OS is very different from not booting at all.

Turn phone off completely, pull battery, put battery back in. Hold down volume down + power until your phone loads the bootloader. It'll scan for the zip, then install it. From Recovery, after installation, you can flash a new ROM.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
no my phone doesnt boot at all!!

The Samsung Galaxy S II comes out on the 8th I think.

The Evo3D is already out.

You can get an OG Evo4G (used) for around $150.00

I'm thinking you're bricked unless Smoke answers back that a dead battery does that...If it does, and you're not getting an orange charge light, try the cord on a PC to see if maybe the mini-brick charger is bad. If nothing, try a different cord to eliminate the possibility the cord is bad. If that doesn't work, do you have insurance?

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
i work at radioshack i can get a new evo for 80 bucks its brand new had it for a week...this is my second evo trying to root and both failed but this one doesnt turn on at all i plugged the chord in and everything..i think im jus gonna get a new one and not mess around with it this time all this rooting stuff scares the crap out of me lol