ROM restore

mongo23

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, first I have an HTC Sprint Evo 4G, rooted w/ Revolutionary. I have ROM Manager Premium/Pro installed. I did a ROM backup, no problem. I renamed the file improperly accordingly to what I read. I tried to restore the backup, it said invalid backup no MD5 file found. Went on the forums for help. Tried a bunch of suggestions. Tried looking for the file in LOST.DIR, folder is empty. Went into Clockworkmod folder and the MD5 file is right there where its supposed to be. Tried renaming the backup folder on the computer, did not work. Any suggestions? Please help, thanks.

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My first question is if you made your back up using Rom Manager? if so, the rename should have had no problem. I have renamed a back up while in ES File Manager and messed it up to; I just went back in and added a ".zip" to the end of the file name and viola! it worked.

have you tried to retore this back up from recovery? restarting by holding power and volume down then selecting recovery and back up restore menu? these are very remedial questions, but are sometimes overlooked. also sorry if I am mearly restating what you have already tried as I have no idea what was going on in your previous posts.

so let me know these things, and maybe I can help you out if they dont work.

mongo23

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, thanks very much for answering me. I only started doing this stuff a week or so ago, so Im learning as I go. I tried renaming the backup both throgh ROM manager, which is what I used. Also on my computer. I read this could solve the problem. I also read that putting a slash in the name could be the problem. Nope. What I would up doing was unrooting, installing a Gingerbread 2.3.3 RUU, then rerooting. Everything was no problem @ all. I used ROM manager to backup the original root. Then set everthing up, froze apps, etc. Then I backed up the scond ROM. I didnt change their names, and everything is good to go. Alot of unnecessary extra work, but solved my issues. Thanks again for the help.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't use that method. Just a hunch. In rom manager switch to the alternate recovery and install. Reboot into recovery and look for restore nandroid. Fallow prompts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC