having a frustrating isuue

Beatzbyreefah

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted. Flashed synergy and everything worked. Wanted to try MikG ROM. So I cleared data, cache and dalvik. Got to mikG and now I have low storage. Even tho my internal storage is showing over 300mb. So then I restored synergy and all my apps are gone and still insufficient space to install apps. help! What did I do wrong?

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could help, but no clue. It is a wonder that you have had all theses views, but no one has an idea. Hope someone comes through for you.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm a noob to this but I had a similar problem in my quest to tweak some things so maybe this is your problem.

Maybe your cache partition is too small. This is where apps and other ota things go before they are stored in data (ie, your application memory). That would certainly explain why you can't download anything, but you're showing enough memory.

It'd be worth a shot.

Credit goes to Firerat and Calkulin at Xda.

Install all of these files to your sd card:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855424

(in my files, I adjusted mtdpartmap.txt to work for a gingerbread stock rom (300 125) . You can probably get away with his mtdpartmap.txt just fine)

The instructions below work for Cwm Recovery v. 4.1. Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL.zip didn't work for me so I did it by hand.

1) reboot to recovery.
2) backup (almost pointless, as your apps are gone. If you have an old backup, skip this step)
3) format cache, data partitions
4) install FR_Recovery_CustomMTD_v. 1.5.7b_for_EVO.zip (this will adjust your partitions in recovery)
5) reboot back to recovery
6) restore your backup or a new rom, but don't reboot yet
7) INSTALL FR_Boot_CustomMTD_v 1.5.7b_for_EVO.zip (this will adjust your partitions on your rom)
8) reboot your phone
9)...
10) profit

Let us know if this fixed the problem.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Beatzbyreefah

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm a noob to this but I had a similar problem in my quest to tweak some things so maybe this is your problem.

Maybe your cache partition is too small. This is where apps and other ota things go before they are stored in data (ie, your application memory). That would certainly explain why you can't download anything, but you're showing enough memory.

It'd be worth a shot.

Credit goes to Firerat and Calkulin at Xda.

Install all of these files to your sd card:

[ MOD ] Custom MTD Partitions by Firerat (resize Cache, Data & System) - xda-developers

(in my files, I adjusted mtdpartmap.txt to work for a gingerbread stock rom (300 125) . You can probably get away with his mtdpartmap.txt just fine)

The instructions below work for Cwm Recovery v. 4.1. Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL.zip didn't work for me so I did it by hand.

1) reboot to recovery.
2) backup (almost pointless, as your apps are gone. If you have an old backup, skip this step)
3) format cache, data partitions
4) install FR_Recovery_CustomMTD_v. 1.5.7b_for_EVO.zip (this will adjust your partitions in recovery)
5) reboot back to recovery
6) restore your backup or a new rom, but don't reboot yet
7) INSTALL FR_Boot_CustomMTD_v 1.5.7b_for_EVO.zip (this will adjust your partitions on your rom)
8) reboot your phone
9)...
10) profit

Let us know if this fixed the problem.

Hey thanks for helping. That sounds like exactly the problem because the folder I looked at in root explorer that held apps show memory usage and it was like 4mb left out if 47mb for that particular folder yet there was still 300+mb of memory internal. So imma try this and let you know how it turns out. THX again ;-)

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks for helping. That sounds like exactly the problem because the folder I looked at in root explorer that held apps show memory usage and it was like 4mb left out if 47mb for that particular folder yet there was still 300+mb of memory internal. So imma try this and let you know how it turns out. THX again ;-)

Good luck! Let me know if this worked. :)

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted. Flashed synergy and everything worked. Wanted to try MikG ROM. So I cleared data, cache and dalvik. Got to mikG and now I have low storage. Even tho my internal storage is showing over 300mb. So then I restored synergy and all my apps are gone and still insufficient space to install apps. help! What did I do wrong?

Have you partitioned your sd card? This will free memory for apps....