Hello.
    What?-Changed phone number on rooted EVO. Tried to activate phone line and had issues (was not able to place calls). Cause was GV integration.
    When?-Before I found out it was GV locked, I tried to unroot by turning S-ON with forever S-ON zip.
    Where?-When I hooked up phone to pc, device is seen as E:. In haste I deleted all visible files in E..forgetting that E was not just the memory card. Tried loading stock RUUs, no luck from recovery or HBOOT.
    Now?- I don't have any files on for the EVO that would normally show when connected to PC.
    I completed a Nandroid b/u when first rooted and then Titanium, not able to restore. I have recovery available but can't mount E: for any loads.
    Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship S-ON
    HBOOT-6.17.0001
    MICROP-041f
    Touch Panel-Atmel03_16ac
    Radio-2.12.00.11.19
    BTW- I tried to ADB but with limited results. only able to confirm serial.
    Mar 8 2011 / Build RA-supersonic-v2.3
    10-23-2011 07:45 PM
    so you can still boot into recovery correct?

if that is the case, take your sd card out of the phone, put it into your computer using a microsd card adapter. load a rom onto it, put it back into your phone, and flash the rom from recovery.

if the phone doesn't recognize the sdcard, you can try formating the sdcard while it is in your computer first, then load rom, put card into phone and flash.

if all that doesn't work, then you might need to try this link:
    [ How-To ] Fix SD card not being detected & USB port not working - xda-developers
    e7v5o7 likes this.
    10-23-2011 10:10 PM
    thanks Superbrute89. I formatted on pc and that worked. able to load reboot with ROM. I tried to take short cut and format while sd card was still in phone and connected via USB to pc. didn't work obviously. Now i just need to get my phone up to stock speed and reactivate it to my account and then enjoy the benefits with s off. Recommendations?
    *When I did get a working ROM back on, the only files that were created in E: (when phone is connected to PC) are
    .android_secure
    Android
    LOST.DIR
    *The LOST.DIR files contains a pc36img.zip @402mb. the Rom I loaded was @ 200mb
    10-24-2011 10:33 AM
    little confused here..

do you currently have a working phone or no?
    10-24-2011 08:06 PM
    Sorry Phone is working to a point. I can make calls, send and receive txt. No data. S ON is status.
    I have a rooted ROM installed. About to just call it and turn S off and find another ROM and see if I can get data working (internet, etc)
    10-24-2011 08:45 PM
    so what exactly are you trying to accomplish with the phone? (changing the phone number is what i think you tried to do?)

if i were you, i would restore the phone back to factory settings, and then root it the proper way. then after that you can flash custom roms. (i'm using a custom rom and everything works on my phone, but sure why you dont have any data..)
    10-24-2011 09:39 PM
    right...that's where i was headed back to stock image(non root)
    was able to get S ON, but ran into activation issue after changing number.
    Now I have S OFF again with EVO deck ROM.
    I never did get back to complete stock image.
    But no worries...thanks for your help. I'll start over.
    10-25-2011 10:29 AM
    maybe i missed something here, but why are you trying to change your phone number?

sprint can change your number for you, there is no reason for you to be doing that lol..
    10-25-2011 06:35 PM
    maybe i missed something here, but why are you trying to change your phone number?

sprint can change your number for you, there is no reason for you to be doing that lol..
    This. Just make sure you are on a Sense Rom.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message
    10-25-2011 07:21 PM
    thanx guys...i am all good. back to stock and updated. Unfortunately at 2.2. Story goes...i needed a phone num change which i got through Sprint. Once I was told to power down and then update...i knew I was screwed for data provisioning...until I went stock. I went through several forums and finally got a zipped RUU that worked. used unrevoked S ON tool and then found this> http://goo-inside.me/supersonic/ruu/...482_signed.zip
    renamed it to PC36IMG <<<since it was already a zip I did not change .zip extension, just renamed it)
    Went to HBOOT and waited for update process to stock.
    Thx again for replies!!!
    10-26-2011 03:20 PM
    thanx guys...i am all good. back to stock and updated. Unfortunately at 2.2. Story goes...i needed a phone num change which i got through Sprint. Once I was told to power down and then update...i knew I was screwed for data provisioning...until I went stock. I went through several forums and finally got a zipped RUU that worked. used unrevoked S ON tool and then found this> http://goo-inside.me/supersonic/ruu/...482_signed.zip
    renamed it to PC36IMG <<<since it was already a zip I did not change .zip extension, just renamed it)
    Went to HBOOT and waited for update process to stock.
    Thx again for replies!!!
    So you think because you were on a rooted Rom you would get caught by didn't because of number change and hands free activation ? ? Dude there is no way they can tell you are rooted unless you take it to Sprint to get repaired lol....

The things people freak out about and jump before they think.

No offense to op

PFC Land Team Swag
    10-31-2011 01:39 AM
    You didn't have to go back stock. You would just have to be on a Sense based rom. Doesn't matter if you had s on or s off.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab
    10-31-2011 08:10 AM
    My buddy manage to mess up the VN files now im trying to get out of this Boot loop and it seems impossible, i have tried all types of RUU's and nothing i even downloaded this file That e7v5o7 mentions.
    I placed it in the root of the sd card and when it goes thru the waiting process after is done i get this.

Main Version Is Older!
    Update Fail!
    11-01-2011 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD