cyanogenmod random reboot and battery temp question

drdeath91

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I posted this question on cyanogenmod's forum, but have yet to get a response. So, I thought I would post my question here since this community is much faster to respond and much more helpful.

I have just recently rooted my EVO and flashed the 7.1.0 stable ROM. Since I'm new to this, I'm having some issues, and I'm not sure if its normal or if its something that needs to be fixed.

Stats
? EVO 4G
? Stock radios
? Stock Kernel using ondemand govenor with CPU max set to 998mHz-245mHz
Problems
? Random reboots, probably about 3 or 4 a day. I usually only see this when the phone is charging with the 4G radio on. I don't notice it as much when on wifi or 3g and not charging.
? Battery seems to run a little hotter than normal (may be a contributing factor to the reboots)
Again, I'm new to most of this (I used to have a Palm Pre that was modded with custom kernels, so I'm familiar with how all of this works), so I'm just not sure if I need to flash another kernel (if so, suggestions would be greatly appreciated) or if this is normal with this ROM. Thanks in advance.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed a battery issue, but I've been having random reboots as well (not as frequent as you, but still annoying non the less)!

It's a shame, too...really wanted to give CM7 another try...

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check out Decks Stable 1.2 Rom. Its based off of CM7 2.3.5 and everything works and no random reboots for me and great battery life for me from the kernel that comes with the rom. This has been my daily drive since Decks 1.2c

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34