Will there ever be a way to root without Revolutionary?

EvoManX

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Now this may just be me venting but there needs to be another way. Considering the Revolutionary method just plain and simple don't work for a lot of people (yes I have tried every method stated), its just stupid. I still see no reason at all for them to go through the whole key thing. It would make the process bulletproof if they didn't need it. What are they spies for Sprint or something? Just make a way to do it without asking for the key so their half ass app can just work the first time.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The key is a safeguard against legal action and to protect your device.

Honestly I don't think there will ever be another method.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive never rooted my phone by myself, but I went to my buddy's house after work today and used his computer, it took me 2 hrs and I had no idea if I needed to unzip all revolutionary files, if the HTC drivers were installed and it took me a half hr to get it to accept beta key (it turns out I put wrong serial number in) but I got it done. I couldn't even download superuser app from the link on this site but thankfully I remembered I had it on my sd card from previous root. It can be frustrating but there probably wont be another option for root as evo is older device and devs have new phones to play with. Just be patient and watch some YouTube videos

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
They stated that the key was necessary only until they are ready to release a "stable" version... if that ever happens. I share everyone's frustration, but take a deep breath and put up with it. Before long we will all want the latest and better smart phones anyway:)

njschad

May 19, 2010
Visit site
never rooted anything before in my life, used revolutionary last night, first try no problems what so ever was rooted in around 30 minutes start to finish, really honestly was a lot easier then i expected..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power