[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][5-15-12][WIP]supersonic-ota-eng.deck-pb25

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.3][12-30-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [alpha2]

Been running alpha 2 for a little while now, i dont use the calendar so i dont know about those issues but seems pretty good (minus camera) . Best ICS rom out there so far

gravy21

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

This is really noob, and I know this isn't a support thread, but are there specific install procedures? I've flashed hundreds of times without problems, but I can't get this one to boot. Gotta be operator error.

I looked on other threads and figured my process should be:

Open ClockworkMod
- format /system
- format /boot
- wipe /cache
- wipe dalvik
- install ics-deck
- install gapps-ics
- reboot

some guys were tossing a reboot right after the rom install. I tried both but didn't work.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

switch to Amon RA recovery and try again, also after deleting/formating install the zip that makes sure everything is deleted ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip then flash the rom then gapps, then reboot (DONT FORGET TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!)

gravy21

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the response. Got the NANDROID from my pre-flashing days. Didn't know about the superwipe.

I'll give it a shot and post my success / failure.

Thanks

gravy21

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Well - No joy. I installed RA (2.3 I think?), ran the superwipe (which looked like it formatted everything at least three times), installed the ics-deck, then gapps, and unless it takes more than 30 minutes to boot, I guess it didn't work. This time, I don't even get to the ROM load screen, it's just stuck on htc EVO 4G screen.

Back to CM7 for now I guess. Just got exciting thinking of playing around with ICS for a while...

Thanks.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well - No joy. I installed RA (2.3 I think?), ran the superwipe (which looked like it formatted everything at least three times), installed the ics-deck, then gapps, and unless it takes more than 30 minutes to boot, I guess it didn't work. This time, I don't even get to the ROM load screen, it's just stuck on htc EVO 4G screen.

Back to CM7 for now I guess. Just got exciting thinking of playing around with ICS for a while...

Thanks.

Try this now that you have Amon_RA 2.3. Charge your battery up......

1.)Make a nandroid backup (as you always should)
2.)Do a full wipe at least 3 times. (Factory Rest, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, .android_secure, Boot, System, SDext, Battery Stats)
3.)Flash the ROM and then flash the newest gapps zip.
4.)Once they're done flashing reboot the system and enjoy ICS. :D

After you've played around with it for a while I would suggest you restore your backup, as this ROM still has some problems to work out. I.E. camera and 4G, though if I'm not mistaken it's going to be a minute before WiMAX is working. The camera though should be fixed relatively soon, which at that point it will most likely become the ROM I use. :cool: Hope that help you get it installed and up and running. :)

folch93

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Hey Deck! Is there a possibility that you can bake in "face unlock" in a future update when the cameras are working? This is a fantastic rom by the way! Its my daily driver. Great work!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Deck! Is there a possibility that you can bake in "face unlock" in a future update when the cameras are working? This is a fantastic rom by the way! Its my daily driver. Great work!

This isn't the OG thread. It just gets copied over here to spread the word. Check out his forum over on xda. Link is in OP on first page.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

Lead_Rain

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Awesome port, using Alpha2 for 2 days. Very stable and many various apps installed and working.
Calendar Sync in Google is the main issue for me so far. Can't wait for the new Camera module. 4G is useless in all my locations anyways so don't much care about that one except that I pay $10 a month for it and can't use it. Anyways I make up for it with free wireless tether, which Deck has unlocked natively in ICS so no secondary app is needed anymore for wireless tether > awesome!

Connecting to my work (Corporate) server with authentication and security settings causes a show stopper on reboot. I have done several flash/re-flashes and determined this is the culprit. Phone finishes booting and the Phone Dialer overlay is in front of the desktop and no way to back out of it.
I am able to reboot into recovery mode and restore ICS to the point just before hooking up to the Outlook client from work rather quickly with ROM Manager so I was able to pinpoint the problem. This issue was also happening in Alpha1 so it is not particular to Alpha2 release.

Thanks everybody for the help and advice...

:)

Last edited:

ecoleye

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Well Tapatalk isn't letting edit the op, but I have a big surprise for you guys when I get home!!! ;)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

I won't steal your thunder, but I just wanted to come out of lurk mode to say I'm flashing it now, and it's as excited as I've ever been for a new ROM!

Thanks for the updates!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Digging how you can add wording under the date on the lockscreen.

Anyone using a free usb storage toggle so I can mount my phone? No biggie if anyone doesn't as I mainly use Websharing to transfer files between my phone and the computer.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, my internet at the house is down so I can't update the OP. I'll havev to do it when I can get to a computer. Sorry about the delay guys. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

To add the wording under the date, look under settings -> security -> Owner info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair