[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][5-15-12][WIP]supersonic-ota-eng.deck-pb25

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to ics-deck.
Recently I have been releasing a few preview builds on Twitter for my followers, but I thought hey why not let everyone in on the action! This is built from source, 4.0.3r1. Please DO NOT report bugs yet, as I know what and what does not work. Some people are actually using this as their daily, though it is not ready for that imho. Once we get into an 'alpha' or 'beta' state, I will redo the thread will all the good stuff and more information. Please only flash this if you know what you are doing for the time being..

Changelog [generic-all devices]
http://d-h.st/changelog

Bug Tracker
http://code.google.com/p/cupcake-frosting/issues/list

*What works*Most everything is working, although you may encounter a few FC's here and there and find some other bugs on the way.

*Whats new*
***camera preview*** ;)
***mms*** :D
I don't know everything as I haven't tested this pre-beta build. Please let me know so I can update this. :)

*Broken*
I don't know, I haven't tested this pre-beta build. Please let me know so I can update this. :)
*also waiting on Deck to update his op*

*Thanks*
As always, thank you toastcfh and the cm team for various things here and there, preludedrew and evervolv for various things here and there and also the kernel, and everybody else that contributes to this community. This will also be updated as the ROM progresses.

*Download*
http://d-h.st/e6q

***gapps included in zip***
***Do Not flash a gapps zip***

***WARNING*** Full Wipe Required Before Flashing!!!

Edit: If you are coming from a previous build then you should have no problem just wiping cache & Dalvik cache then flashing.

Donations are VERY much appreciated and go towards new devices for support.
DONATE :D

Enjoy!
Follow the dev on Twitter for the most recent updates. @kushdeck

---------------------------------

*copied and pasted from original thread HERE*
*all thanks goes to the dev known as kushdeck *

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][12-13-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha5]

ICS Launcher - no longer included :(

Nova Launcher
ad664aec-4ee5-a16f.jpg

About Phone
b8d20814-9d75-126b.jpg

App Drawer (first open)
ad664aec-4f42-5d38.jpg

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][12-13-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha5]

F.A.Q.

1) Should I do full wipe before flashing?
A) Yes...if you are coming from a different ROM.
No.....if your coming from a previous build of this ROM (just wipe cache & dalvik cache first)

2) Is this based on CM like his Gingerbread ROM?
A) As far as I know, this is built 100% from AOSP source code. :D
*except for CM9s awesome launcher*

3) Does this ROM support hardware acceleration?
A) Yes :cool:

4) Do I need to flash a gapps file?
A) No, as they are baked into the ROM.

Note: More questions will be added as they come up. :)

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][12-14-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha6]

I seen this floating around on xda, but never gave it a look and see. Think I'll go ahead try it out. You convinced me lol :D

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I seen this floating around on xda, but never gave it a look and see. Think I'll go ahead try it out. You convinced me lol :D

Dude, what's up man?!?! Haven't talked to you in forever, glad to hear from you. :) Hope all is well with you and glad to hear your going to try this ROM out, it's pretty darn awesome. Especially now that only the camera isn't working, I can't tell you how cool it is to have ICS on my OG EVO. Once this hits beta...it will be my daily driver hands down. :)

Reactions: elcubanevo

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Times like this is when I miss my EVO 4G :(

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Dude, what's up man?!?! Haven't talked to you in forever, glad to hear from you. :) Hope all is well with you and glad to hear your going to try this ROM out, it's pretty darn awesome. Especially now that only the camera isn't working, I can't tell you how cool it is to have ICS on my OG EVO. Once this hits beta...it will be my daily driver hands down. :)

Things are good. Had to step back for a few because I was getting a little burned out, plus my phone was acting really crazy with the random reboots. So I now have a new evo (that was rooted within 5mins of receiving it :D) and ready to play with some ICS roms. I did try the rom out last night. I do like the features on it and did notice the bugs but once things get worked out it will be an awesome rom. Yeah the camera was a deal breaker for me, but hopefully it will get fixed soon. I use it all the time with my two year old, the Drama Queen!. :)

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

So has anyone tried a6? Ive tried it but its a bit unstable for me. I might to a good wipe & reflash to give it a try. But im curious the usb toggle isnt working. I usually used easy tether with a4 & it worked just fine. Any fixes for these glitches?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't get past the setup. I have Tried wiping several times and get to the screen to sign into Google account then it just goes blank for a while then back to the very beginning of the setup. Tried flashing it several times but always done the same thing.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I can't get past the setup. I have Tried wiping several times and get to the screen to sign into Google account then it just goes blank for a while then back to the very beginning of the setup. Tried flashing it several times but always done the same thing.

Yea. What he said.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Things are good. Had to step back for a few because I was getting a little burned out, plus my phone was acting really crazy with the random reboots. So I now have a new evo (that was rooted within 5mins of receiving it :D) and ready to play with some ICS roms. I did try the rom out last night. I do like the features on it and did notice the bugs but once things get worked out it will be an awesome rom. Yeah the camera was a deal breaker for me, but hopefully it will get fixed soon. I use it all the time with my two year old, the Drama Queen!. :)

I feel ya, had to take a small break myself. Rooted within 5 minutes, that's what I like hearing. No doubt man, I can not live without my camera...I take way to many pics. Once this hits a good stableish beta, daily driver it shall be. Glad to hear everything is going great for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Yea. What he said.

Same thing happen with me but after the 5th time or so it finally went to the home screen. When it went black I hit the back button and it came back. Never had that happen before.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][12-16-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha7]

I feel ya, had to take a small break myself. Rooted within 5 minutes, that's what I like hearing. No doubt man, I can not live without my camera...I take way to many pics. Once this hits a good stableish beta, daily driver it shall be. Glad to hear everything is going great for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gotta have root!!! :D

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Same thing happen with me but after the 5th time or so it finally went to the home screen. When it went black I hit the back button and it came back. Never had that happen before.

Dang really, 5 times....I haven't had a chance to flash yet. Hopefully it won't take that long once he gets some more of this sorted out. :)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Dang really, 5 times....I haven't had a chance to flash yet. Hopefully it won't take that long once he gets some more of this sorted out. :)

The only really bugs that I came across when at the home screen was I couldn't add apps or widgets to the homescreen and sometimes the screen would mess up and I would have the top half of the screen be the only thing showing. Hopefully this update will clear that up. Downloading now to see what all is available on this update.

Update: With the pre-alpha7 the setup screen went smoothly. Got setup on my first shot, but didn't notice any thing else as still seems the same. Hopefully by February this will be a fully functional rom.

Last edited:

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][12-16-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha7]

This rom is actually really smooth and nice for the evo. I just need for the camera to work. Screw WiMax.