[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][5-15-12][WIP]supersonic-ota-eng.deck-pb25

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for not responding quicker, I think I need to adjust my notification settings here and on Tapatalk. Anyway, glad you fixed your reboot issue. If you would please explain what you did. Might help someone out. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.3][12-30-11][WIP] ics-deck-evo [alpha2]

Try this now that you have Amon_RA 2.3. Charge your battery up......

1.)Make a nandroid backup (as you always should)
2.)Do a full wipe at least 3 times. (Factory Rest, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, .android_secure, Boot, System, SDext, Battery Stats)
3.)Flash the ROM and then flash the newest gapps zip.
4.)Once they're done flashing reboot the system and enjoy ICS. :D

After you've played around with it for a while I would suggest you restore your backup, as this ROM still has some problems to work out. I.E. camera and 4G, though if I'm not mistaken it's going to be a minute before WiMAX is working. The camera though should be fixed relatively soon, which at that point it will most likely become the ROM I use. :cool: Hope that help you get it installed and up and running. :)

I just followed steps 1 - 4, so basically a full wipe on step 2 is what i think made it work :), research that I found and pretty sure everyone else knows, Fully wipe before flashing!!!!!;)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [alpha5]

Seen where Deck is waiting for an updated kernel before the next release. Hope it's soon and HOPE it fixed some of the fc's that was happening. Other than that it has been nice but I did go back to cm7 for now.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seen where Deck is waiting for an updated kernel before the next release. Hope it's soon and HOPE it fixed some of the fc's that was happening. Other than that it has been nice but I did go back to cm7 for now.

Got that text and got excited. Can't wait for an update, how can he get us so used to regular updates and not put one out in over a WEEK?!?! :p

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

smccue

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I have tried all three of the different ICS ROM's out there and there is a common problem with them, on my phone anyway. They all work well most of the time but then all of a sudden my phone goes into a continual boot loop. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why this happens. Sometimes it seems when I'm plugged in to the usb of my computer that makes it boot but other times not??? Also when the screen does dark sometimes that trigger a boot loop as well. Am i missing something in my setup??? Any help would be great.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any news on when the next update will be. We have been spoiled with all these fast updates now it seems forever since we have had one.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have any news on when the next update will be. We have been spoiled with all these fast updates now it seems forever since we have had one.

Been thinking the samething

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

So development on ICS ROM's for the Evo 4G are on hold waiting for some ICS source code to be released that could be applied to our phones?

Does the HTC Sensation getting ICS suggest good things for the Evo 4G ROMs?

I'm excited to get ICS but really don't want to deal with bugs and crashes on my daily driver.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

First off i want to give a big shout out to my MENTORS AND FRIENDS smokecrawler and camelguy, how the hell ya guys been? So other than being outta the scene due to health, i'm back better, stronger, faster than ever and with my 2 new phones, the e3d and my nexus, along with my ever capable og evo 4g i'm ready to wreak some havoc! yeaaaaaaaaaaaa! So i'm currently running decks ics alpha 9 on my e3d and loving it(same camera issues though smoke), and now im about ready to load decks evo ics alpha 5 and see how the old og handles it, i heard from a friend we should see some more updates soon, so let's hope so! Well gotta go so camelguy, smoke(and of course dumpedduce) take care talk to ya soon!:D:cool::p

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First off i want to give a big shout out to my MENTORS AND FRIENDS smokecrawler and camelguy, how the hell ya guys been? So other than being outta the scene due to health, i'm back better, stronger, faster than ever and with my 2 new phones, the e3d and my nexus, along with my ever capable og evo 4g i'm ready to wreak some havoc! yeaaaaaaaaaaaa! So i'm currently running decks ics alpha 9 on my e3d and loving it(same camera issues though smoke), and now im about ready to load decks evo ics alpha 5 and see how the old og handles it, i heard from a friend we should see some more updates soon, so let's hope so! Well gotta go so camelguy, smoke(and of course dumpedduce) take care talk to ya soon!:D:cool::p

Welcome back man, I don't get on much anymore with new job aand working 60+ hours a week. Plus just had my son a week ago and so when I'm not at work I'm up with him when the wife has had all she could take.

I was using alpha 5 for my daily while I took off work with my sons birth. Never had a problem with it besides a fc every blue moon. Camera worked just fine but apps like UPC scanner didn't work. It wasn't as fast and smooth as 1.3 but still smooth.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Also to add only reason I switched back is because I use navigation all the time on my phone and wasn't sure how well it would do and didn't want to take the chance of it not working reliably.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Well congratulations on the son, I have one on the way, July to be exact, so I'm down with it, seventh kid! OMG! Good to see familiar faces(so to speak)on here! Anyway using alpha 9 on my 3d, getting better, no camera though :eek::eek: I love how deck is so meticulous about how he works a rom, and makes it the best it can be! Duce good to be back, see ya soon!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Glad to see you are doing good man!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

So development on ICS ROM's for the Evo 4G are on hold waiting for some ICS source code to be released that could be applied to our phones?

It's on hold because deck needs an updated kernel....

His tweet -> we cannot continue development on evo4g and Inc without a new kernel. Qsd8k is really not supported in ics. Hax hax hax.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Yo Camelguy Alpha 6 is up... Haven't downloaded it yet but here in a few minutes I will.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Only glitch I found so far is the camera. Doesn't FC but the screen stays black. It will take the pic and show in the gallery.

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Yo Camelguy Alpha 6 is up... Haven't downloaded it yet but here in a few minutes I will.

Is there a change log? I basically depend on this forum to know what's happening, since my company blocks half the sites I'd need to visit. (It took a while to download CM7 over 3G to my phone!)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Is there a change log? I basically depend on this forum to know what's happening, since my company blocks half the sites I'd need to visit. (It took a while to download CM7 over 3G to my phone!)

Don't think there is yet. He hasn't updated his RootzWiki page and he is no longer on xda. So once he gets that done Camelguy will get it updated.

The FCs are gone from alpha 5 but the camera is the only thing I have found so far. I'm going to run with it as my daily driver and see if I can't find anything else.