Storage problems after rooting...please help.

josh_evo4G

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all

I recently rooted my evo using the revolutionary process and flashed to the cyanogen mod ...I love it and am glad I did it...however, ever since I rooted..everytime I try to download and install an app from the market,it says I have insufficient storage space. I checked and have 208 MB of internal memory and have 4.46gb of memory on SD card. I have the apps2sd so that's not a problem...what is going on with this? How can I correct this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly recommend you partition your SD card. I did, and it increased my available memory by ~ 800% (I kid you not).

First, copy your SD cards contents to your PC (partitioning wipes it clean). Then partition it and put back its contents and you're good to go.

josh_evo4G

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok will do. I uninstalled the market updates and that fixed my problem...but if it can give you that much more memory then I will certainly do that too...thanks!

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
When you updated your apps, most likely they all were downloaded to the phone's internal memory, which obviously takes up a lot of memory. Download the root app called Move2SD Enable. That works better than app2sdPro, and with the former, you can set the default location for all downloads and updates to be your SD card and not your phone's internal memory.