thinking about rooting questions before I try

Itoao

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about rooting and I was planning on using the guide and revolutionary.
I went to the website and read about what versions it supports
HTC EVO 4G (supersonic) 2.15.0001, 2.16.0001

Mine looks to be 2.15.00.0808

Just wondering are they listing a range of versions? or will that not work or is not confirmed to work with my version?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Youll be fine i rooted & mine said the exact same thing. Heres a link where u can read up on how to root via revolutionary. CLICK HERE. I would suggest using amon_ra recovery than the standard cwm. I can look up the link for the recovery if u need it.

Itoao

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the reply. That was the link guide I was following. Not sure about the Amon_ra thing? What is that?
I would not be sure how to install it. Is it a backup solution?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No it isnt a backup solution. It works in a sense as a fail safe when your flashing. If you mess up on the rom installation u can always flash a nandroid backup or a new rom. When using the revolutionary s-off tool it will ask u want to install cwm recovery. Press you dont. Be sure u got the amon ra recovery files in the root of ur sd card. That can be found here. That thread link i gave u is straight forward. To install the recovery once your out of the s-off process, u pull out the battery then then hold volume down+power & from there you will be in the boot screen. Use the volume rocker to select recovery. It will install the update & ull be in recovery. From recovery go over to flash zip & flash the su zip. From there ur rooted.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No it isnt a backup solution. It works in a sense as a fail safe when your flashing. If you mess up on the rom installation u can always flash a nandroid backup or a new rom. When using the revolutionary s-off tool it will ask u want to install cwm recovery. Press you dont. Be sure u got the amon ra recovery files in the root of ur sd card. That can be found here. That thread link i gave u is straight forward. To install the recovery once your out of the s-off process, u pull out the battery then then hold volume down+power & from there you will be in the boot screen. Use the volume rocker to select recovery. It will install the update & ull be in recovery. From recovery go over to flash zip & flash the su zip. From there ur rooted.

Why do you choose it over cwm?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive used cwm when doing a few other roots on other devices. Amon ra for me has been much more easier to use. But were not here to talk about y cwm isnt my choice on rooting but instead help ltoao on rooting his device. If u feel that cwm is better than amon ra or whatever ur belief is feel free to make a thread & rant all u want man. But any who keep me updated ltoao how it goes?