Noob here. Can I get some guidance ?

bobbyblaze

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Android noob here.. I would like more info on rooting the phone. I've been looking on here for a while and cant find any tut's on rooting. Could any one point me in the right direction to a tutorial that will show me how to root with Unrevoked? Or maybe walk me through it.. I've never heard of a .APK file extension how do I run it? Thanks for your patience..

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the apk straight to my phone.... Then I used a program called astro file manager to open and run Unrevoked. It was too easy....once you get into the unrevoked program, it might as well be an "easy" button....one button click and you're done

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
for future reference. Android programs are in .apk (like .exe for windows). You just load them to the sd card and load them with a file manager with an apk installer (just about all do) or using an app called apk installer. Its in the same format you download apps from the market.

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the apk file via the evo browser and clicked open once it finished. It automatically installed itself without any additional programs.

What's the difference from doing that in comparison to opening it up with a file manager/apk installer?

bobbyblaze

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the responses fellas that was super super simple. I got another question I couldnt seem to find the answer to, I keep seeing all these topics and people referring to "Froyo" What is this exactly a Person? A App? A team? From modding Iphones, Palm Pres, And Xbox 360's this is by far the easiest I've ever done. This Android is starting to grow on me day 2 and I'm still having fun exploring and playing with its options..

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the responses fellas that was super super simple. I got another question I couldnt seem to find the answer to, I keep seeing all these topics and people referring to "Froyo" What is this exactly a Person? A App? A team? From modding Iphones, Palm Pres, And Xbox 360's this is by far the easiest I've ever done. This Android is starting to grow on me day 2 and I'm still having fun exploring and playing with its options..

Keep in mind that every phone has a unique rooting method. So the Evo is currently easy to root, others are not.

milk242

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't think my question warranted a new thread. After rooting and flashing with a custom rom, can I go back to stock incase I need to return it back to sprint?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon