Can someone please bring arabic font to my Evo?

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I have my Evo rooted and waiting. I really need proper Arabic support especially in the browser. I really hope one of you Android braniacs can help me out with this one. Thanks for your time. :)

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I flashed the arabic android zip when i had cyanogenmod 6 on my evo... and it worked but the letters weren't connected and i think the words were left to right... basically worthless on the evo.... i really really want arabic so i can read aljazeera on my phone in arabic.... and other reasons as well. also, this is the only reason why my brother went back to his iphone and dumped the evo. :(

p.s. i'm guessing you are lebanese by your username... right?

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Arabic Android Text Support ... hebrew ... farsi...

well, i know this thread has been dead for a long time... but in case anyone is still looking for a solution to this... i found one. You MUST BE ROOTED! Download the zip from here: ( froyo_evo_libs_arabic_android_plus_signed.zip ) and boot into recovery mode, flash the zip, reboot the phone and enjoy. This has only been tested on my Evo 4g running a custom Froyo rom (Myn to be exact, but i'm sure any froyo will be fine)... It may work on other phones running froyo but I cant say for sure. I just flashed the zip and it worked. All of the letters are connected and displayed from right to left like they should be. I think it works with Farsi (persian) and Hebrew... maybe others... but definitely Arabic!!!!!!!!!

by the way, I didn't have to buy that app from the market.... just flashed the zip... rebooted... installed an arabic keyboard for free...Dr.Ben0x keyboard works well! I tried aljazeera and several translation websites and it works!

salam

Last edited:

BestestDDS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Arabic support for HTC Evo 4G

I have Evo 4G with MYN's Rom. I did whatever you said. But it does not work!!! When it reboots after flashing, screen froze and did not go further. :mad:

Stryker123

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Arabic Android Text Support ... hebrew ... farsi...

Hello Mr. Mkashen... thanx a lot for sharing your solution for such issue I've been trying to find a solution to....
I have the HTC Evo4G with the exact problem your were facing, my diff. is that I'm running 2.3.3 os Gingerbread and not the Froyo... I could not do the Update because of some os type thing, I thought that you may have a clue or experience with my situation... if so please gimme a hint :) and I'll do the rest
Thanx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21