[ROM] RvU 1.3.2 WORKING 4G!!! Sync Fixed / ROM Manager Support

clubtech

May 5, 2010
Visit site
YEP... after my clean wipe, 4G worked for me too. heh. Seems like a WIPE is def needed for this to work 4G.

I just wiped and installed your ROM and i can't get 4g to work.
Can you explain exactly which items you selected in the wipe menu of the recovery image?
I have a feeling i am wiping something i shouldn't and this is why 4G breaks every time.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not. I believe the offending app for that is the calendar. A close and reopen in the task manager fixes it according to the very limited information I read.

clubtech

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get 4G to work, this is how i install the ROM:

1) ROOT the device by installing the userdebug ROM from toast.
2) boot the device: 4G is working
3) reboot into recovery.
4) push the custom recovery
5) wipe data + factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
6) flash RvU 1.1.zip from recovery.
7) booth the device.

4G is broken. it will connect but no internet.
Any thoughts? (i know some of you have it working with this ROM)

koricua74

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Still can't get 4G to work, this is how i install the ROM:

1) ROOT the device by installing the userdebug ROM from toast.
2) boot the device: 4G is working
3) reboot into recovery.
4) push the custom recovery
5) wipe data + factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
6) flash RvU 1.1.zip from recovery.
7) booth the device.

4G is broken. it will connect but no internet.
Any thoughts? (i know some of you have it working with this ROM)

I did all of these steps but I did another wipe after I flashed the ROM and 4G worked. You might want to try that, but the Hot Spot isn't working. I don't think it's the ROM though. I'll do more testing and report back.

**EDIT**

I forgot to thank everyone involved with the making this ROM so far good work fellas. Thank you! BTW did you remove Peep? Could you upload the apk so I can reinstall it?

Last edited:

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be working for me despite not doing a wipe after flashing the device. I took it over to an area that has 2 bars of 4g strength and was getting 1.8 down and 1.0 up. I also had no problems using data services while in 4g mode

Gonna try reformatting the sd card now.

Doing a full reformat did not fix the problem.

koricua74

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I flashed RvU 1.1 Along with Peep (as I stated in my previous post) I'm also missing Friendstream? I know they could be removed as posted in the OP but they're not in the app drawer, at all going to try a reboot and I'll report back.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I am now experiencing the insufficient storage space, testing something out now.

The reason behind the missing apps is because you wiped AFTER, if you wipe before and then flash, those apps will all be back in and you can remove as needed.

koricua74

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I am now experiencing the insufficient storage space, testing something out now.

The reason behind the missing apps is because you wiped AFTER, if you wipe before and then flash, those apps will all be back in and you can remove as needed.

Thanks, for the quick reply can I just install them like most apk or do I have to push them using adb (if I do push them it's to the data/app right?)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just dropping in while taking a break from evo hacking :)

this is an early build, as said in the first post. We appreciate the hell out of all the bug reports.

With that being said, there will be some breakage here. We're focused on a custom rooted ROM with the OTA fixes, and a way to have the sense and sprint bloat you want, without the bloat you don't want :)

To all helping the testing -- thanks. keep the bug reports rolling in, so we can keep fixing them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance