Best rom for use as mp3 player/whatever?

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So my evo is now no longer on a plan. I still love the phone, and I was wondering the best rom for using it as an ipod- I'm looking for speed, (short boot and load times) and the best features for only using wifi. Which would be better for this set up? Sense or aosp?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So my evo is now no longer on a plan. I still love the phone, and I was wondering the best rom for using it as an ipod- I'm looking for speed, (short boot and load times) and the best features for only using wifi. Which would be better for this set up? Sense or aosp?

If you're looking for the iPhone feel, look no further then MIUI. Absolutely a brilliant ROM with tons of customizations just waiting for you to make it yours. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1534492

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Last edited:

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for the iPhone feel, look no further then MIUI. Absolutely a brilliant ROM with tons of customizations just waiting for you to make it yours. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1534492

As a WIP, is it buggy? I want something stable, minimal force restarts etc. And I thought miui was in Chinese/japenese?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As a WIP, is it buggy? I want something stable, minimal force restarts etc. And I thought miui was in Chinese/japenese?

I'd say that it's probably pretty stable man. Besides, I'm sure they are doing there best to iron out all the bugs. Just nand before you flash it in case you don't like it. Heck...I might give it a shout, looks pretty sweet. :)

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that it's probably pretty stable man. Besides, I'm sure they are doing there best to iron out all the bugs. Just nand before you flash it in case you don't like it. Heck...I might give it a shout, looks pretty sweet. :)

Well in December I planned to unroot the phone, i never finished it but managed to get s-on. Clockworkmod still does backups and restores just fine, not sure what s-on does once rooted? It's been about 3 months, so I don't remember much. What I do know is that the evo is rooted, Clockworkmod 5.xxxxx, hboot 2.17, and S-ON. I'm going to flash miui, hopefully I won't have any problems.

EDIT: Haven't tried to flash miui, as I read through the thread and saw there were bugs with the camera, and without a data plan the 8mp camera is something I really need. And as ics is still so new, what are some good gb roms for my evo, with full camera/music/video playback support?

Last edited:

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I get more lag on tiamat 3.3.7 than the stock... I'm gonna try the 4.1.0

I must have been doing something wrong, reflashed 3.3.7 and it seems to be better? Not sure, but I'm on miui 1.12.30 with tiamat 3.3.7, and it's fast. Loving the miui, on sense/aosp roms all I use is the app drawer, now I use more than one home screen :p
I ran a quadrant score and got 1588, I know quadrant can lie but glad to see it past the stock evo on the list lol.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I must have been doing something wrong, reflashed 3.3.7 and it seems to be better? Not sure, but I'm on miui 1.12.30 with tiamat 3.3.7, and it's fast. Loving the miui, on sense/aosp roms all I use is the app drawer, now I use more than one home screen :p
I ran a quadrant score and got 1588, I know quadrant can lie but glad to see it past the stock evo on the list lol.

Glad its working so well for you. Don't forget to check out all the different themes for it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech