How do I get SU and BusyBox? I am rooted with a custom ROM.

Schmid7y

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
How do I get SU and BusyBox? I am rooted with a stock ROM.

Well, I just rooted, and now I want to gain SU permissions and get BusyBox (not exactly sure what that is...). Anyway, I used these intructions (http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-root-instructions) and I was wondering what I do next. I cannot get wifi tether to work, and I was wondering how to get SU and BB.

EDIT: I am running a stock ROM I guess, no custom.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Because we can't remount the system as read/write while the OS is running, su and busybox have to be put in a ROM and flashed.

RvU (the ROM beezy linked to) has this done already. It wasn't hard to implement, and since the correct busybox version and smylink list is out in the wild now, look for it to crop up in lots o roms.

Schmid7y

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Because we can't remount the system as read/write while the OS is running, su and busybox have to be put in a ROM and flashed.

RvU (the ROM beezy linked to) has this done already. It wasn't hard to implement, and since the correct busybox version and smylink list is out in the wild now, look for it to crop up in lots o roms.

Ahhh that stinks. Oh well, I guess I will just go the custom Rom route. I'll wait a month to see some pop up, hopefully some froyo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC