How to go back to completely Stock

Puma81

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen a sticky about this information so I'm am trying to get one going.

How does one go about unrooting their EVO and going back to stock recovery and a stock ROM?

I have made a nand backup and I know that will take be back to my stock ROM that was created before I flashed a ROOT stock ROM. Once you go back to stock rom how do you also get the recovery back stock aswell?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen a sticky about this information so I'm am trying to get one going.

How does one go about unrooting their EVO and going back to stock recovery and a stock ROM?

I have made a nand backup and I know that will take be back to my stock ROM that was created before I flashed a ROOT stock ROM. Once you go back to stock rom how do you also get the recovery back stock aswell?

Grab the ruu from here and run it on a windows computer,its a .exe
[ROM]RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26 - xda-developers

That will return you to stock completely.

edbtzy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I am comming from a PRE and i use to run WebOSDoctor which wiped my phone CLEAN whenever i seriously messed something up. Wondering if there is something similar out there with the EVO.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Does this also get rid of the custom recovery?

I was thinking the same thing. I am comming from a PRE and i use to run WebOSDoctor which wiped my phone CLEAN whenever i seriously messed something up. Wondering if there is something similar out there with the EVO.

Yeap it will get reid of they recovery for you.It will take you back to the stock setup completely.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use the RUU, but it will not boot into recovery when I run it. How do I fix this?

I don't think you should have to be in recovery to run the ruu. You run the ruu.exe on your pc and plug phone in an it should flash the phone back to stock.