Anyone see this new way to root?

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was successful yesterday using the instructions here or I would have tried this. Looking forward to comments. Sounds cool but in my brief review of the directions/comments it doesn't look fool proof.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I still like the original way to do. I mean, yes, the app is really sweet and easy, but also might be hard to locate whats wrong if there were anything unexpected happening there.

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
coming from the old way to hack a psp i think this program is a step forward.
sure there might be errors but over time i think they can fix it.
also i just use it and it work fine i made it to the 3 steps but now what?
the phone is unlock.....

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
let me know if any one gets this to work, worst case i'll un-root, and try this method....

[edit] woops my bad, missed the post above. Do you have access to nand?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I was following the thread yesterday and it seemed very rough..Good idea but I agree that following the step by step method allows for better troubleshooting.

Some have indicated success..

also,you actually learn something so when someone says "flash the zip" you know what they mean...otherwise you'd probably be lost.

I know i would...

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just followed the steps and it said I am rooted...however I cannot Flash Clockwork Recovery through ROM manager because it keeps saying I don't have permission...

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
looks like i will be testing tonight after i test a un-root. Hopefully will post a video later.
Ye of little faith, stand by.

manimsoblack

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just followed the steps and it said I am rooted...however I cannot Flash Clockwork Recovery through ROM manager because it keeps saying I don't have permission...

try wiping your cache through recovery then booting and going to settings<applications<manage apps<superuser permissions and clearing the cache and data. Past that idk.

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This is how I ended up rooting. EVERYTHING seems to be working great. I have loaded ROM Manager and downloaded the Fresh ROM and the RvU ROM. I was able to flash both of these ROMs through ROM Manager and all went without a hitch. Then just for fun I went back to the Stock rooted ROM and then back to the RvU ROM and all was smooth as butter. I think the BIGGEST issue guys are having are the ones running Windows XP. I am running Windows 7 32bit and I really had no issues at all.

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
just curious.... after you use this program to hack the phone what is the next step?
if only some one can write a simple tutorial for me base on this program i would really appreciate it.
hopping to flash to froyo.

liquidjesus
any luck on un-rooting?

question
with the Android 2.2 source code released would that mean a better froyo rom for the evo?

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir, i un-rooted successfully, the other thread is floating around some where. I might come up with a step by step if need be.

And after you hack the phone, install something called "clockwork mod rom mannager" from the market.

download and save the EVOlution v8 in the root of your sd card from the XDA forums. Its the best (IMO) 2.2 rom out there for now.

In clockwork rom, press the button that says reboot into recovery.

go to the nandroid option. Back up your phone.

Then go into the flash zip from sd card option. you may have to reboot and repeat the reboot into recovery process. Select that v8 zip, and let it do its magic.

Easy huh?

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
When you download the file to your computer do you need to unzip the file?

Forgive me but I'm an idiot when it comes to these things, the videos don't seem clear to me. I have not unzipped the folder but when I open the file I do not see an executable file

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
so take the giant zip folder, like almost 400 megs i think, and unzip the whole folder to your desktop. Click the icon that looks like an evo =)

we are talking about the simple root file right? not the v8 file

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith