Froyo, ROM manager, "skipping sd-ext"

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to keep this brief. Basically, yesterday I flash EVOlution v8 and Rev A to the phone. Once I had things set up, I used ROM manager to back it up. I've also got Fresh and Bugless rom's backed up in ROM manager. While it was backing up, I put the phone down and did other things. When I came back and checked "manage and restore backups" in ROM manager, my most recent back up did not appear (the EVOlution one). I tried again and watched the screen this time. I saw Md5 mismatch, I believe. Then I realized a couple of other issues with Froyo and decided to restore Bugless through ROM manger. I couldn't restore!! Thankfully, I had a few Nandroid backups and I had to go back like 3 backups before I found one that would allow me to restore to bugless and/or fresh. I deleted the Nandroid backups (like 3 of them) that wouldn't "let me out" of Froyo. Now, everything seems OK. I'm flashing between Fresh and Bugless without a problem BUT, every time I try backing up a ROM through ROM manager I get "...skipping sd-ext. Your device may not support..." Something like that. The backup still seems to work but I've never seen that message before. Is this a problem? Should I just ignore it, or is there a way to fix it?

thanks!

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for responding but could u give me just a little more detail? My guess was that this has something to do with how froyo allows u to save Apps on the ad card but not sure. I'd really like to know what the sd-ext is exactly.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thats exactly it, its a feature of apps to sd. for whatever reason the rom is not able to install it. Its definitely not a deal breaker.

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thats exactly it, its a feature of apps to sd. for whatever reason the rom is not able to install it. Its definitely not a deal breaker.

I'm not saying it's a deal breaker. I'm just curious as to why--if I deleted Froyo from all my back-ups--I'm still seeing this "...skipping sd-ext..." when I back-up any OTHER rom using ROM manager. Did the installation of EVOlution create some kind of permanent change in my system, or my SD card? Before I flashed EVOlution, I never saw that error message (if that's what it is) and now--even after deleting all EVOlution stuff--I'm still seeing it.

Thanks again.