Cant root, what am I doing wrong?

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently rooted using unrevoked but I wasn't to go full root so I can load baked snack. I've downloaded the pc36img to my computer and put it on the root of my sd card. When I reboot it says no image when reading the file.

What am I missing? Also does anyone know if I use the 3 step root method do I download that filter to my computer first orr my phone? I'm hoping its the computer first, web page doesn't want to load from my phone.

Thanks in advance

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I haven't got up to date on the 3 step root,but have you checked out this nice guide that a great guy wrote.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-your-htc-evo-install-clockwork-recovery.html

whaaaaaa??? gb a great guy? Is he paying you? I kid I kid!!!! ;)

Back on topic: Every squid should read that thread in its entirety because A) He knows his stuff and B) Theres a good chance someone has made a mistake you could make and someone else has helped them through it.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Did u download the file directly on ur phone, our did u download it to ur computer then onto the micro sd card?

woah, no no no,

you download it to your computer. Extract to the c:/ drive or desktop, and run the exe. follow the youtube video's (i think there are 2 times you have to hit power, and 2 times you have to press the rocker up)

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. When I download the file to my computer do I need to unzip it before opening it?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
yes. Unzip it to your desktop, or your c drive. I could do my desktop since i was working off a network, but the c drive worked just fine.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Cool, I'm working till 6am, going on 20 hours with no sleep but I'm going to try this before sleeping, I hope to get this working.

LJ, thank you for the advice so far. Between you and another member on here I hope to get this puppy fired up. I posted in the other thread asking the same question, please forgive my anxious ways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL