[How To] Unroot and return to stock [RUU Method]

riotsauce

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Liquid-- are we SOL for trying to root after OTA or can we still unroot at least-- My friend is getting an error saying Failure to Create Account from exchange-- we used unrevoked 1 to root his phone but didn't do titanium backup or anything-- so he ended up getting the OTA... He has the superusers app but rooted apps don't work for him. Should he unroot and do a return to stock?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
well for starters, i havent found a ruu that will work right now. so using the ruu to get back to stock is a no.

its also the first post on this page.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
uh oh. this RUU doesn't seem to like your phone even if all you did was try to update the radios. the RUU told me i needed to get the correct RUU. now as i am typing this the phone is in a different kind of boot loop than i have seen before. it just keeps showing the white HTC EVO 4G screen and then starting the phone again. battery pull time.

add:
good news! it didn't break root. just had to pull battery > get in the boot loader > recover > wipe > slap on another ROM.

i am having a heck of a time trying to find something the will fix this damn radio issue because of that new wimax update. ****, am i stuck in a boot loop?

Last edited:
Reactions: camachousa

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If i get a replacement phone that has the latest update already installed. Can i use this to bring this phone back to stock and then root??

Unfortunately not, the latest updater changed the hboot, so you cant use an older RUU to downgrade. However. There is now a way to root the newest OTA via a adobe flash exploit =)

danootz

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If I've rooted using the new OTA Version Root Guide and I need to revert back to stock for some reason, can I use the OP instructions to have it come back to 1.47 stock as if I never touched it?

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
im having some issues on this

I rooted using SimpleRoot OTA 1.47

now im going go back because i cant get 4g working even with the new radio and wimax flash.

so im trying the RUU and get to the point where i run it a 2nd time while its on the bootloader screen and the first time it asks to upgrade from version 1.17.xxx

when it comes up the 2nd time it asks to upgrade from version 1.47.xxx

im using the 1.32 ruu to flash back to stock....but it says its the wrong RUU and to get the correct one.

any ideas?

dhMassacre

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions to the T, and when it verifys phone info...it hangs, then says USB disconnected or whatever that error is. I just want to restore :/

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
lol, you will get usb errors, its no biggie, keep trying. Make sure you are using the correct RUU per your version. And make sure your phone is at the white android screen.

Also if your recovering from a 2.2 rom, you might try to flash a 2.1 rom, and then recover.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I've tried this about 15 times....get the usb error every time...I'm at 1.47, using the 1.47 RUU...my HBOOT is .79. What am I doing wrong...I have to return this in about an hour and I can not get it to work at all! I did a wipe...where do I need to be for this to work?

I can get the 1.32 RUU's to connect, but error out when updating signature with Bootloader Error.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22