I took my release date Evo in to Sprint today because I had a speck of dirt trapped on my camera lens below the outside cover. I figured it would be a quick fix, clean off the internal lens and off I go right?

They ended up giving me an all new one! The best part is this one doesn't have any light leaks like my last one!

The Sprint Rep looked confused when she booted the old phone up and it went fressssssssshhhhhhh! lol

Now I just need to re-root, reflash fresh and titanium backup and i'll be good to go!
    06-28-2010 03:05 PM
    it went fresh'? what'? am i missing something?
    06-28-2010 06:13 PM
    I had the fresh ROM on it, so instead of the Sprint 4G thing on boot, it Says FRESSSSSHSHHH!!!! With Flipz custom bootscreen, lol
    06-28-2010 06:18 PM
    How is the battery life on fresh?
    06-28-2010 06:24 PM
    So far, I like fresh the most for battery life.. yesterday, I had it going for about 10hrs of moderate use and then left it unplugged when I went to bed. So about 5 hours later, 15 hours in total, I had around 30% left... Before I'd be lucky to see 8 hours with similar usage.
    06-28-2010 06:48 PM
    Ok, so I fully charged my phone when I got it home and when the led turned green, I re-rooted, re-flashed fresh 0.3 and got everything setup again (didn't nandroid fresh last time)

So as I type, I'm 14 hours on the first charge with 5% left. Background data on, always on mobile off, auto brightness. I think this is excellent for a first cycle of the battery!
    06-29-2010 09:10 AM
    So you just went there and they immediately had an Evo in stock to hand you?
    06-29-2010 10:04 AM
    They said they were holding that one for anyone having problems that would need replacement. I didn't think mine was that bad, just had a speck of crap on the main camera lens.

..... BUT, I'm glad they did because my new phone has 0 light leakage!
    06-29-2010 10:47 AM
    They said they were holding that one for anyone having problems that would need replacement. I didn't think mine was that bad, just had a speck of crap on the main camera lens.

..... BUT, I'm glad they did because my new phone has 0 light leakage!
    For now... *JINX*
    06-29-2010 12:47 PM
    For now... *JINX*
    SHUT UP! No jinxing allowed!
    06-29-2010 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD